Thread: Stewie, you are ADORABLE :)

Stewie, you are ADORABLE :)

Great to see you being todays Pet of the Day. I do think you and Sunny are very lucky to have such a great owner.

What color is your cere, Stewie? Is it pink? If so, you are a boy. If whitish, then you are a girl. I think Sunny is indeed a girl

Leslie and Destiny, Bubba, Gump, Angel and Criss the budgies
    Shadow the dog, Domino the Rabbit and the Betta fish

stewie

i have a parakeet also named sunny. according to my parakeet book, if the beak is blue, then it's a boy and if it is pink, it's a girl

That is actually called the cere. It is just above the beak. In certain variations, the cere remains pink on males. I am thinking that Sunny is a hen but Stewie is a male after looking longer at the pics.

Pink ceres doesnt mean hens, it just means cocks. Hens have a whitish with blue tinge cere when they are immature and then it turns brown as they age. Males have pink/purple ceres as babies and then it turns blue as they age with exception of the variations such as Recessive Pied and Danish budgies I hope this makes sense

Stewie you are adorable no matter what sex you turn out to be!!!

I loved seeing your sweet pictures today. You look like a very happy fellow. I hope you and Sunny are both having a wonderfully fun day today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there Stewie! A very happy Pet of the Day to you, and to Sunny, too!
    What a brilliantly beautiful Budgie you are, Stewie, be you girl or boy! And what a wonderful best buddy (sibling or spouse) you have in beautiful Sunny! You two "love birds" make quite the precious pair, so devoted, and your family is doubly blessed, having two such joyful best feathered friends in you kids!
    I laughed out loud reading your Mommy's words

"The last thing we needed was another pet in the house..."

Now those are famous "last words" of pet lovers worldwide! And of course, just like the rest of us, she made the exact right decision!
    Thanks for the BIG smiles, Stewie and Sunny! I hope you're both enjoying your well earned day of honor, and to you and your family, wishes for many, many more happy years of shared love and friendship!
    Gentle pats and lots of love to you, beautiful Stewie and Sunny!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries

Stewie

Stewie seems to have scored the perfect home and family! He is wonderful and so is Sunny, it's so great they have each other as buds. Hurray for Stewie POTD! Peace and love

Congrats on being POTD, Stewie. You and your friend make a charming and beautiful pair. Enjoy your special day!

Stewie

Wow, Stewie is so cute! I love the beautiful colors in his feathers. Congratulations on being Pet of the Day today!

~K.