Thread: How to stand out when dropping off resumes?

How to stand out when dropping off resumes?

I've been having an awful time trying to find a job. I'm not getting any call backs at all D:

I just saw a "now hiring" ad for a pet food store I've been wanting to work at for a long time now. I've applied at this place 3-4 times now over the past few years and I'd really like the job. How do I stand out enough when dropping off my resume so the manager will think "hey, I should call her"

I was in last week talking to the manager about food for Clover. I have been doing my own research on what's good and not. So I'm hoping maybe he'll remember my interest in food ingredients and consider hiring me?

Anyway I know the manager is suppose to be in tomorrow so I'm planning to stop by and see him. I just don't know what to say other then "hi here's my resume."

I'd like him to know how interested and excited I'd be to work there without sounding desperate. Ideas?

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Smile, be friendly, and dress professionally. Have a few simple questions you can ask ready, just in case.
    I've Been Frosted

I agree with Karen -- I'm always amazed at how people show up looking for a job at my work dressed like slobs. Its a job! Put your best foot forward, in your best pair of shoes and nice pants or skirt (no shorts or jeans).

The other thing is to be nice to everyone therre. Smile, be polite to everyone you meet in the place. You never know who has the manager's ear.

I always say enthusiasm is important. Tell them how much you appreciate them even looking at your resume and how you eagerly look forward to hearing from them in the future.

Couple of things - have someone proofread your resume to make sure there aren't any typos.
    Write a cover letter to go with the resume - this gives you a chance to mention why you think you would be a good fit for the job.

good luck!

These are not the droids you were looking for