Thread: my cat is so, so...docile?

my cat is so, so...docile?

we've had him since he was a kitten. no we haven't abused him in any way to make him submissive. in fact no one has hurt him, ever. he doesn't seem in pain either. he just seems incredibly docile. in my life we've owned about 10 cats (and my parents have owned many others before i was born) and they've never seen such a happy yet...well...stupid cat. we love him, we love his personality. we would never harm him, ever.
    i guess i'm just over protective of him, haha. but is this normal? like is it just his personality that makes him so mellow?

i've included a picture of him :-)

Certain personality traits are indeed inborn! And as he's been a loved kitty his whole life, he's had no reason to change his innate niceness!!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, he's adorable! What's his name?

Some cats are just more laid-back and reserved than others!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Your beautiful kitty companion knows how very much he's loved. With your love and care, he knows he's safe and secure with nothing to worry about. Maybe he's so laid back because he knows what a good thing he has with you. Could I ask you to give him a few tons of lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Your kitty is gorgeous! My cat Napoleon is totally docile and laidback too even with all the strange foster dogs going in and out of here; I guess some cats are just made that wayI wouldnt change a whisker of my extra loving "found" boy!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

A few years ago I had a foster black and white longhair named Hunter who was the mellowest cat ever. You could hold him upside down and play "pass the kitty" back and forth and he'd just lie there and purr.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

We have had quiet reserved Ctas as well Moose the MagnfiCat , Mr Fluffy and My Purrfect Princess coming to mind.
    Some Cats like some people are just like that , and are so gentle and quiet.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Count your blessings. I could send Chip, my holy terror for a visit. He would have him climbing the curtains and breaking things in no time.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you for all the sweet comments! :-) i love him so much, he's such a character! and thank you for putting my mind at ease, sounds so silly but i thought there was something wrong with him!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, he's adorable! What's his name?

Some cats are just more laid-back and reserved than others!
    his name is percy, he's named after my grandad! :-)

and here's another picture of him, from today, sunning himself!

Awwww, give him a nice pat on that sun-warmed coat for me!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, darling Percy, you are so beautiful and so much loved! (And so you should be.)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello pretty Percy! My Snow is very laid back as well. Its just a personality thing, some are very active while others are calm. For instance, my cat from when I was younger was so energetic, she would run across the house, jump onto the curtains, then climb all the way to the top.

Give Percy lots of pets for me! What a gorgeous boy.