Thread: Dixie Jane

Dixie Jane

Dixie Jane what a beauty you were.

I am so sorry you had to go to the Rainbow bridge but you have two families here who still love you very much. Love is all we can take with us any way and I know you took tons of it with you.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Dixie! I still miss you and I am so happy that you are POTD! I will tell Melanie so she can look at it too.(Melanie is the little girl who loved Dixie when we couldn't keep her). Play hard and run like the wind at the RB, baby girl!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

RIP Beautiful Dixie. Such a Gorgeous mare you were. I know you are running free of pain at the Rainbow Bridge now

Warning...trip down memory lane!!!

Dixie was great with kids!!! She was totally 'bomb proof', never shying at anything. She loved to be brushed and always told us when we were doing something she didn't like by flattening her ears back and swinging her head around to look at us. She loved to be brushed on her neck and always told us to come back when we moved back to her shoulders and sides. We could always trust her without a halter...she never went far, only grazed a few feet away. She liked any type of treat, even if it was only a handful of grass. As her health declined she began to lose weight and sometimes had to be helped to her feet. The last straw came when she tangled in the long chain she was tied with and fell, hard. She had always done well, only tangling in her chain once soon after they started tying her with it. They couldn't put her in the pasture because the calves sucked her tail short. She was always such a patient horse and I think she always knew us when we came to visit. Melanie gave me her bridle the last time I saw her and it is very treasured. Well, I will stop now...just had to put this somewhere! Thanks for 'listening'.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Bless you for taking great care of her and loving her

Our very own Dixie Jane!

Dixie Jane, beautiful angel, I'm so glad you were chosen for our extra special Sunday honors, so that we might have the chance to pay tribute to the VERY special girl that you were, and all that you meant to lolli, and to Melanie. You were one in a million, Dixie Jane, and both your families so very lucky to have had a loving companion in you.

Reading your profile, looking at your precious pictures, brought tears to my eyes, Dixie Jane. But I really lost it after reading lolli's additional tribute here today. "Special" doesn't come closing to describing you, for you were one of those once in a lifetime animal companions, beautiful in body and in heart; truly one of God's gentle souls. You had a very tough life, Dixie Jane. But finally, in you golden years, you found your way to devoted humans who would respect you and love you unconditionally. And your mommies need not worry, for I have no doubt you left this earth knowing how deeply, how completely loved you were.
    Now, healthy and whole once more, romp happily at the Rainbow Bridge, Dixie Jane, where the grass is always green and fresh, and those cherished neck brushes, and treats, unlimited!

To lolli and Melanie...Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Dixie Jane with us. I can only imagine how difficult it was to lose a freind as special as she. But take comfort in knowing that she left for the Rainbow Bridge with nothing but a heart filled with love, that you and she will be together again one fine day, and what a special reunion that will be! And I'm so happy for you lolli, that you were given her bridle to cherish and remember her by. What a very special gesture that was, Melanie! Dixie Jane's mommies were as special as she!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You were a gorgeous girl in both looks and personality, Dixie Jane, and brought so much joy to those that loved you so much! I hope you are with my Palomino Tim (who was also POTD) at Rainbow Bridge, and he is showing you where all the tender grass is, beautiful girl. Blessings to you and yours, sweetheart.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs