Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mammogram Check Up Day - Good/Bad News

Mammogram Check Up Day - Good/Bad News

6 years ago to this very day I had a lump removed. Today is my annual mammogram to check up and ensure nothing's come back. Just a reminder to all you ladies out there - get checked!!
    Last edited by Queen of Poop; 05-04-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I just had my yearly mammogram on Tuesday!

Pat, a 27-year "survivor"
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I just had my yearly mammogram on Tuesday!

Pat, a 27-year "survivor"
    Atta Girl!!!!

It's a pain, literally, but so worth the peace of mind.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Congratulations!

When I get my annual mammogram, it is a pain, but I think of it as doing it in honor of all the breast cancer survivors, and victims I know. Makes the time go easier, as I list them in my head.
    I've Been Frosted

I got the result back from my doctor: all clear!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

awesome!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I got the result back from my doctor: all clear!
    Fabulous!!! Congratulations!!!!

Thank you, Anne and Gayle.

I lost the left one in 1985!!! I was one of the VERY lucky ones; it was caught before it had started to spread, so the mastectomy removed all of the tumor. Ever since, I have my regular checkups and yearly mammograms and I check myself, and there has been no recurrence in all this time.

I feel blessed. At the same time it makes me realize how very important these regular checkups like mammograms are, so I encourage you all to keep current with what's happening with your own body and health.

God bless,
    Death thought about it.

So the doctor was to get my mammogram results today. So the doctors office just called me to book me in to hear the results. So this seriously cannot be a good thing. Yep, I'm freaking out right now.

{{{hugs}}} You have been getting mammograms regularly, so whatever the results are I believe they will be slight.

I KNOW it's hard, but try to level out just a tad. An IBS flareup would be no fun.

I can't relate except for PAP tests. Many many moons ago I was called in when the results came back. The result had shown "slight atypia" and I had to have a test every 6 months for a short while. It could be as simple as that, Gayle.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    {{{hugs}}} You have been getting mammograms regularly, so whatever the results are I believe they will be slight.

I KNOW it's hard, but try to level out just a tad. An IBS flareup would be no fun.

I can't relate except for PAP tests. Many many moons ago I was called in when the results came back. The result had shown "slight atypia" and I had to have a test every 6 months for a short while. It could be as simple as that, Gayle.
    As soon as I got off the phone with her I took my IBS meds so I don't have any incidents here at work. I'm holding it together right now, likely once I get home later today I'll have a kitty hug fest and a good cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    As soon as I got off the phone with her I took my IBS meds so I don't have any incidents here at work. I'm holding it together right now, likely once I get home later today I'll have a kitty hug fest and a good cry.
    Do not stress yourself out too much about this yet, Gayle. They try to be proactive as possible these days, and one girl I know has every-6-month mammograms. She's never had breast cancer itself, but they have found and removed precancerous cells a few times, and all is okay with her, besides having to get squished twice a year instead of once.

Deep breaths, a nice cup of whatever tea will upset your tummy the least, and some kitty love once you get home.
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Sending you positive thoughts. Please keep us posted.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Take some deep breaths, Gayle. Candace is right; since you have been having mammograms regularly, you are learning early on about what is going on with your body.

It may just be something to keep an eye on over time, and if it needs treatment you are starting it when it can be managed most easily.

Have you made your follow-up appointment? Do things a step at a time. You can handle this. And you know we are all here with you, along with all the kitties in the world.

God bless, sending you all our love and encouragement and prayers,

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat and cats
    Death thought about it.

Thank you all for the support. I just can't seem to catch a break in this life. Will see the doctor this afternoon at 3:50 MDT. Soon as I can after that I'll let you know.