Thread: A Moment of Your Time?

A Moment of Your Time?

May 2, 2001. Edwina was Cat of the Day. I was so excited and proud. Not long after that we took her to the vet and my husband bragged, "She was Cat of the Day!"

How wonderful it was to read all the comments about my sweetie! i shared them with everyone at work and everyone I knew. Perhaps even bored some people but I was soooo proud.

Exactly three years later my Eddie was Cat of the Day on May 2, 2004. He was a true PetTalk Cat - came to visit for the weekend -- compliments of a PetTalker. Still here - Eddie that is. It was so exciting again to read all the nice things about my boy!

Please...when you see the Cat of the Day take a moment of your time to say some nice about the kitty - even if it is just Congrats!

What an easy way to make someone's day! And maybe encourage a new Pet Talk member!

As usual I'm with you- I remember so well how Filou's appearance in August 2002 as Cat of the Day got me hooked to this forum. I just couldn't believe how many people took the time to say hello to my little boy.

Yes, we all should reply more to Cat/Dog/Pet of the Day. I do make an effort, but sometimes, the phone rings or my food is ready, and I forget.

I too was very proud when Fister was Cat of Day, and also told everyone about it, whether they were interested or not.

It would be nice, though, to get a comment to the thread from the person who submitted their animal.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you for reminding us all Sara. I have been making more of an effort to comment on all our lovely COTDs especially since Eve's special day. It does makes us all so proud!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

We always say Hello on Cat Of The Day as HH Lady Edwina Rose's Special Friend Juke Joint Joseph Angel was Cat Of The Day of course on April Fools Day April 1 2006.
    We will look up Josephs Special Love his HH Lady Edwina Rose and his Brother In Law Eddie as they are such Special Cats!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

It would be nice, though, to get a comment to the thread from the person who submitted their animal.
    I agree with this too, Randi. PT people always acknowledge the comments when PT pets are featured, but I often wonder about the ones who aren't members and their pet is selected. I know that Karen notifies them that they will be featured, but do they even come back here to read what is said??? Some - yes, but most others - it doesn't seem that way.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Some people - not all - but email me afterwards and say how touched they were by all the comments, even if they never register. So they are being read, and they do matter!
    I've Been Frosted

I promise I will get better at this

I, too, have been too busy to post but will begin tomorrow. Bad girl, Sas

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    I, too, have been too busy to post but will begin tomorrow. Bad girl, Sas
    I'm glad you decided not to wait until tomorrow to start, since today is my cat Milly's day as Cat of the Day.
    You are the only Pet Talker so far who has met Milly and Izzy in person.
    It was nice to see your comment for Milly today as well as many other Pet Talker comments.
    I don't always get to post on Pet Talk every day but I try to comment when I can if it is a Pet Talk pet or if a certain type like a Meezer is honored.
    I did notice that the owner of today's Dog of the Day did reply & posted some more photos so I was happy to comment on today's Dog of the Day Rocky as well.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

10. I work full-time plus (when you are self-employed you can never not work...), I am a volunteer, I belong to a book club, and I am a wife. It is not easy to find time to make a comment about every Cat of the Day. I don't always make it. But if I see not many others have I make a special effort.

I really do not care if the cat owner responds or not. I do it to hope they feel as good as I did when my babies were honored!

So I hope more of us (including me!) will make sure every cats gets his/her day!

Dear ES, thank you for posting this in April. I hadn't been posting to the COTD pages unless they were Pet Talk or local cats, but after I read this, I realized that you are absolutely right and it means a lot to say something nice to each kitty. I have been posting to each new Cat of the Day ever since!

(And today my Sydney is Cat of the Day, and he and I are enjoying so much reading all the comments!)

Thanks again,
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery