Thread: Amazing! I have puppy photos of Taggart!

Amazing! I have puppy photos of Taggart!

I still can't believe it but I acutally have photos of Taggart as a puppy!! And pictures of his mom!
    Ok, to give some back story of how this happened. I responded to a thread created by a dog training group on facebook (this is a dog training group based in the Faroe Islands - where Taggart and I are from). It was just cute post, asking people how their dog reacted to a video of wolves howling. I posted Taggart's reaction (which, btw, was totally oblivious) and didn't think more of it. But then this other person asks me where Taggart was from. I answer that I don't know, I got him as an adult and as far as I know he lived in the capitol city before he ended up with me.
    Turns out though, that this guy recognized Taggart because his sister is the owner of Taggart's mother. I gave him my email and he mailed me the photos.
    I know it might be a bit silly to get so excited about but I think other dog parents here will probably still understand me

Anyway, here are the pictures

This is Taggart's mom. Her name is Holly. I don't know if she is still alive... I have to ask about that. After all, I got Taggart in 2007 and he already fully grown.

That's Taggart in the middle. Seems his two siblings looked very similar to him.

Taggart as a newborn

And as a young puppy

I love this picture! Just love love LOVE it. There is no question that this is the same face I know and love. He is so CUTE! He's still cute now, of course But you know what I mean. I'm going to print this and frame it. Put it right next to the picture I have of Tiki at 6 weeks.

And then finally there are three phone photos of him as a young dog with his previous owners. I don't know if the owner of his mother knows these people but this is basically where Taggart was rescued from. Like I was told, it's clear his life consisted mainly of a empty back yard and a leash. His name was Luis.

That's amazing, most rescuers never get to know the back story, never mind get pictures! Tag's mom sure is pretty, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Awww, Taggart! What an adorable puppy you were! I am so glad your life consists of much more than leash and yard now! (What I mean to say is, the leash and yard are now just one part of your life. You get your leash put on and go out in the yard, but you also get to have fun doing other things too.) Could you please have mum give you some petting or a hug from me. I think your puppy picture that mum plans to frame is so sweet!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so excited about this, you have no idea! Haha
    I finally have Taggart's real birthday too. He was born on August 22nd 2005. That makes him a bit older than I thought he was but thankfully not by much.
    Got two more photos a moment ago.
    One more with his mom and siblings

And one with his sister. The guy told me she was named Tuxa. Taggart on the left, Tuxa on the right.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wow - that's amazing that after all this time, you were able to get so much information on Taggart's past. It really is a small world afterall.

Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

OMG that is awesome! I totally understand being excited about this. How cool! What an adorable puppy he was.

How cool is that? What an adorable puppy! I understand your excitement. I have 'baby' pics of my Missy and Layla, both with siblings and pics of their mommys! They're the only two furkids I have that weren't rescues.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

That is amazing . How very cool, and yes it is such a small world . Taggart was a gorgeous baby, and his Mum is so pretty.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Wow that's amazing you got those photos! I can understand why you're so thrilled!

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    I know it might be a bit silly to get so excited about but I think other dog parents here will probably still understand me
    Not silly at all, and yes, we DO understand, and ooh and ahh right along with you! How wonderful to have these pics. I also like the one with his sister, she has such a feminine face! Even before you said, I knew which was the female, lol.

Taggart, you are SUCH a cutie pie, and lucky too.

How cool you got contact with his previous owner - of course you're exited!

Taggert was really a cute pup and he is absolutely adorable in that picture - his sister, too. Good idea to have it framed.

Give him some scritches from me, please.

I didn't know you are from the Faroe Islands - are you still there?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks all Still haven't had a picture framed but it will be soon hopefully.
    Talked to the guy who sent me the pictures a bit more. Turns out that Holly, Taggart's mom, was put down last year But I asked some stuff about her temperament and such and it sounds like Taggart really takes after her in more than just looks. Same endless energy and playfulness, hehe. They don't know anything about the two litter mates, so I don't have any info on them.

@Randi. Yup, both Taggart and I are from the Faroes. We moved to the U.S about a year and a half ago tho' and so far that's still where we are

Very sweet and innocent photos of young Taggart, those are so precious!
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

2.5 years old dachshund Dan