Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

The only shows I go out of my way to watch are modern family and the neightbors other than that I watch the cooking channels
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

There are a few favorites here. I'm into Survivor, The Good Wife, and both Law & Order and Law & Order SVU. Since I work with the Family Court through my job, I watch Judge Judy mostly for comiic relief plus that's Groucho's favorite show. He curls up next to me watching intently and at times he'll meow his opinion. I do miss Harry's Law with Kathy Bates.

Mike and I are both hopelessly hooked on Boardwalk Empire, we plan our Sundays around it.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I'm not one for watching much on the regular network channels with the exception of the morning shows like GMA and Rachel Ray, and shows like Dateline or 20/20. I prefer Animal Planet, History Channel, Discovery, etc, and the shows that they carry. I'm hooked on Deadliest Catch, and tho it can be disgusting, I find "Hoarding-Buried Alive" to be riveting at times. I guess I'm just blown away with some of the conditions that people actually create for themselves and live in - a real eye-opener. YUK!!! And please-please-please whatever channel you are - send Honey Boo-Boo and her entire family packing. What a waste of good air time. Disgusting........
    I agree Honey Boo Boo is a waste of time, so is The Medium. Don't know why that station puts so much junk on TV.

Name:  bow 016.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  4.7 KB

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    I agree Honey Boo Boo is a waste of time, so is The Medium. Don't know why that station puts so much junk on TV.

Name:  bow 016.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  4.7 KB
    Because it's all about their ratings, and there are millions of people out there that just love to watch this kind of garbage!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Coronation street(british soap)
    Shortland Street (NZ soap)
    Packed to the rafters (aussie soap)
    Offspring (aussie soap,)best ever, if you get a chance to see this, you must watch it, fantastic series.
    Location,location,location (british programme about finding houses for clients) with Phil and Kirsty.
    annabel langbein The Free Range cook, NZ COOKING SHOW.
    Master chef NZ or Aussie or UK or USA series.
    Hotel Hell. gordon Ramsay.
    Emmerdale farm British Soap.
    NZ's got talent.
    Xfactor USA, and X factor NZ starts soon YES!!.
    Gok Wan, how to look good naked and all his series.
    SVU.

YEP i like my soaps , and cooking shows.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I enjoy watching documentaries, some cooking shows and a program called Deadline, which is mostly about politics - and of course, a good film.

Have to add "The Daily Show" - I see that when I remember it's on. It's on in the daytime, where I normally don't watch TV.
    Last edited by Randi; 01-12-2015 at 03:22 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm enjoying "Too Cute" on Animal Planet very much! Today I saw three wrinkly, adorable Shar Pei puppies- Raisin, Pancake and Peaches. Raisin was black and his sisters were tan. They were so little and sweet! I didn't know that the Shar Pei has a blue tongue, so I learned something from "Too Cute"!

Now that I don't have Tuesday evening rehearsals anymore I am watching "NCIS" regularly. Great cast and fun guest stars- Joe Spano, and Robert Wagner as DiNozzo's father.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I did a search on "The Amazing Race" and found this thread from 2002 that had recently been bumped! Thanks, Richard!

Anyway... favorite TV shows (besides "The Amazing Race") --
    Undercover Boss -- season premiere tonight!
    The Good Wife
    The Mentalist (Simon Baker ... *drool*)
    Criminal Minds
    Anything with "Law and Order" in the title, but especially SVU
    The Big Bang Theory

Favorite past TV shows...
    M*A*S*H
    WKRP in Cincinnati
    Cheers
    Undercover Boss is NOT one of my favs anymore after last night's episode featuring Doug Guller, the CEO of "Bikinis", a Texas-based chain of restaurants along the lines of Hooters and Tilted Kilt. He fired one employee on national television - and offered another breast augmentation if she could improve her performance for six months. The whole thing was creepy.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    He fired one employee on national television - and offered another breast augmentation if she could improve her performance for six months. The whole thing was creepy.
    Yikes, sounds awful! What a way to get young women to think their only valuable asset is their cup size! Yuck!
    I've Been Frosted

Updated faves and not so faves:

New faves:
    NASCAR
    Any cosmology show (The Universe; Stripping the Cosmos, etc.
    All paranormal investigation shows are off the list since some Ghosthunters past cast members debunked some of the finds. Very disappointing. Take a dodgy field and make it even worse.
    The Big Bang Theory: I went to school with those folks!
    Once Upon a Time
    Grimm
    Constantine

Continuing:

Doctor Who!
    Green Bay Packers
    Jeopardy! (but am disappointed at the quality of the play lately. Alex is getting really snarky, too.)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

11. Nothing really new to add. still watching Star Trek Voyager
    Firefly(flipping off Fox for cancelling it still)
    Frasier

animes
    Steins; Gate
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    Speed Grapher(warning: the first 3episodes have ew scenes. just saying)

Been interesting watching the Ultimate Survival Alaska show, it is not a false, "someone gets voted off" type of survival, but actually the challenges of trekking across Alaska wilderness, with various goal and rewards set up, but navigating wild creeks, ice floes, glaciers, etc. There's still the team and human dynamics and interactions, but the stakes are much more real!
    I've Been Frosted