Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    And The Amazing Race ... was in Saint Petersburg, Russia and I've been there! I had goose bumps when I saw some of the places they went. I was disappointed for the team that got eliminated, but they did miss part of instructions.
    Did anyone see "The Amazing Race" last night? The teams were in Bangladesh. I need to study my geography! I had to look on a map of the world to remember where Bangladesh is! (It's in Asia, shares a border with India.) When I saw it I thought of George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh. They were in the capital city of Dhaka, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. The pit stop was at a 17th century fortress. That is a place in the world I'll never visit, but I'm glad I got to see it on this show. I was disappointed for the team that was eliminated.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I like geography, and remember so many incidences of floods and natural disasters in Bangladesh, that I knew the woman who basically said "Yay! Bangladesh!" had no idea what she was in for. I was okay that the eliminated team got the boot, and thought he handled it pretty graciously. After all, they probably wouldn't have been last had he not stopped to get a burger at the airport, and missed the chance for an earlier flight that two other teams subsequently found.
    I've Been Frosted

The teams were in South Korea on last night's show and they all commented about being aware of the difficult political situation between South and North Korea. My dad served in the Korean WAr.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Has anyone seen "Boardwalk Empire"? What do you think so far? We're already hopelessly hooked on it.
    Have not seen it, but will name a pet "Nucky" when it comes time.

DO NOT WASTE your time with the New Top Gear/USA.
    -------------------

About the Amazing Race?

I am not a real "geography wiz" but kinda know where stuff is at. I find the "Yay, Bangladesh" comment to be funny and sad. I think the idea of winning the money supercedes the thought of picking up an atlas and reading it?

Timbuktu and Cucamonga are real places!

The one thing that bugs me happened last night in with the cabdriver that got ticked at the one couple.

THey are racing, but does that really mean you have to promote the idea of the "Ugly American" across the globe?

-------------------

I still like Survivor.

I would kill to go 'camping' in the places that show has been.

5. Past:
    Spellbinder
    Firefly
    Star Trek Voyager an also Star Trek The Next Generation

early childhood animated series like He-Man; Johnny Quest; Gargoyles; Sonic the Hedgehog; Swat Kats also kept me entertained for hours. i still watch them on YouTube now an than if i can find them LOL

Present:
    Supernatural
    Chuck
    The Cape
    Kyle XY?(may of gotten canceled,, but im but not sure)
    Nintendo Week
    Ultimate Wii Challenge

an every now an then i watch Castle.

Has anyone been watching "Harry's Law"? I like Kathy Bates and am hopelessly hooked.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Has anyone been watching "Harry's Law"? I like Kathy Bates and am hopelessly hooked.
    Yes I like it...I need to quite multi tasking when its on though and just watch it.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

An Idiot Abroad.

http://science.discovery.com/tv/an-idiot-abroad/

Brit comedian Ricky Gervais sends his producer Karl Pilkington abroad tho see the world. KP get his travel plans at the last minute via cell phone.

One of the cleverest 'reality shows' ever.

One complaint?

No closed captioning, sometimes that brit accent throws me off.

Yes. we both really enjoy this show. Recorded it tonight - Westminster was on. Will watch when Douglas gets home from work tomorrow.

So I've noticed I quit watching "Two and a Half Men".. I don't know, it's just not so.. funny anymore. Such a pity about Charlie Sheen, though. If he really wants to help himself to get better, he will.

Otherwise, "Bones" and "The Mentalist" - getting really good into halfway season, now..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I'm bumping up this old thread because I noticed something with "Undercover Boss" the past couple of weeks. The lady who heads up Cinnabon also worked for Hooters corporate, so they showed her meeting with the CEO of Hooters (who was also an undercover boss) for some advice and tips. Then last night was a second trip for the head of a group of time-share resorts. I like that they are expanding it in these little ways.

My favorite programs right now are:

Revenge
    Blue Bloods
    Hawaii Five-0
    Shark Tank (got hooked on that recently)
    The Voice
    Criminal Minds
    Mob Doctor (it may get cancelled but I'm enjoying it right now)

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm not one for watching much on the regular network channels with the exception of the morning shows like GMA and Rachel Ray, and shows like Dateline or 20/20. I prefer Animal Planet, History Channel, Discovery, etc, and the shows that they carry. I'm hooked on Deadliest Catch, and tho it can be disgusting, I find "Hoarding-Buried Alive" to be riveting at times. I guess I'm just blown away with some of the conditions that people actually create for themselves and live in - a real eye-opener. YUK!!! And please-please-please whatever channel you are - send Honey Boo-Boo and her entire family packing. What a waste of good air time. Disgusting........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

We DVR and watch all sorts of stuff, Elementary, science shows, the Gold mining shows, Project Runway ...

I have never seen any of Honey Boo Boo's show, but another that is a mystery in its appeal to me is Dance Moms - I tried to watch it a couple times and just found Abby mean, and nothing particularly redeemable about any of it. It just made me think every single one of the kids is gonna need therapy later in life after dealing with all that abuse! (Disguised as 'commitment to dance' and really commitment to winning at any cost.)
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Any show that exploits children needs to be off the air. Toddlers and Tiaras is THE WORST!!!!! IMO - these parents are just pimping their kids and asking for trouble. Look at what happened to Jon Benet Ramsey! And these shows about pregnant teens just glorifies teen pregnancy in the eyes of some of the kids that watch. Some of the lessons that these shows send??!! - what the networks do for bucks and ratings! Outrageous.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~