Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need good vibes please. (Pic)

Need good vibes please. (Pic)

Well, my sister in law got a new foster dog and a foster snake in the last couple of weeks, so it was my turn. If he survives the night. Meet Chamomile....

One of my customers found this guy out on the street in front of her house. He's less than a day old, SUPER dehydrated, he's got heatstroke, BAD sunburn on his feet, nose, and tail, one ear is torn half off and infected, and he's premature to boot. She brought him to my store and I volunteered to take him on. My sis in law was wonderful enough to come get him from me on her day off and bring him to the vet she works for. He got subQ fluids, the tiniest prescription of amoxicillin EVER, a probiotic, silver sulfadiazine cream for the burns, and a warning not to get too attached.

Despite all that...he cries when he's hungry, he eats well, he pees and poops (there's blood in his urine and his stool right now, but it LOOKS like the urine at least is returning to normal color.) and he seems to feel much better now that the cream is being applied regularly. I thought he deserved a chance. He also looks much less dehydrated now than this morning.

So please, any prayers or good vibes that could be sent his way would be appreciated. I know PT prayers can do wonderful things. He seems like such a little fighter.

Poor baby. I sure hope that he'll continue to thrive in your care. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Prayers on the way for wee Chamomile!
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers and good, warm, strengthening wishes for the adorable little baby from all of us.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Many prayers for Chamomile.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'd get him to the vet asap. Call around to see if there are any lactating moms in shelters. This baby needs colostrum, which he would've gotten from his mama.

Bottle feeding every 2 hours is a real hard job, so I applaud you for taking it on. I've been there, done that many times. Just be prepared if he doesn't make it. Just sayin. They're so fragile at that age, especially without their mama. THANK YOU!!!!

Prayers coming from CT.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers are on the way for this precious little sweetheart Thank you and bless you for caring enough to help. Please keep us updated on his progress?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

What a Dear Tiny Little Owesome Orange Kitten Chamomile is.
    There is a Royal Canin Canned Food for little Baby Kittens as well that may help, but Baby Food may be the best thing for now.
    All Of Our Awesome Angel Mommas will be there to help Chamomile out.
    Maybe there is a nursing Momma Cat at a shelter who will take Chamomile in.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You are amazing for taking this on. Of course, I know you and know you wouldn't think otherwise when presented with this. I will keep you and Chamomile in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks and paw applause for rescuing that precious baby.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

How heartbreaking that he is without his Mama at that age. My heart goes out to you and him and prayers for the wee baby!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers for that wee fellow! Finding a lactating mom would be great - are there products from the vet that have colustrum in them?

Bless your SIL for taking him to the vet and getting the emergency needs taken care of. I pray he continues to eat and thrive.

Laura's Babies raised her Caramella from just a day or two old. It can work, but these wee ones are fragile.

Bless you and please keep us posted!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I'd get him to the vet asap.
    That was the first thing I did, hence all the medications. Comically, we have a lactating chihuahua who would LOVE to take a kitten, but she's on some pretty powerful antibiotics herself so it's a no-go.

Chamomile survived the night! His urine is definitely yellow this morning rather than bloody bown!! He has gained 3 grams since he was weighed yesterday, and while he still looks dehydrated he no longer looks like a little raisin. I gave him food and silver sulfadiazine cream every hour last night (so often becaus ehe was so shriveled) and early this morning when I tried to go for 90 minutes of sleep he actually woke me up crying for food! I am cautiously hopeful. His ear still looks terrible, but he's only had the antibiotics in his system since 6pm yesterday so we'll see.

Thanks for all of the PT prayers, I'll update again this evening when I'm off work. I'm lucky to be able to bring him with me.

Woke you up crying for food? Awwww!!!! Sounds like a purrfectly normal cat

What a beautiful thing you're doing for this little angel, thank God you can even take him to work with you
    My prayers for his health and your well being as well.
    astrid

Awwww! I am sending up prayers that the little guy thrives in your care!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!