Thread: Meet Lilla (my baby girl's birth story)

Meet Lilla (my baby girl's birth story)

I know I haven't been the most active member, but wanted to be sure to come over and share our news...

Our third child, and first daughter, Lilla, was born at 4:27 pm on May 15, weighing 9 pounds even. She's 20.5 inches long. We had a very fast and easy home birth (full story below)...

We had our 41 week appointment with our midwife, Karen, on Tuesday morning. Since I was over 41 weeks she said she could strip my membranes if I was favorable and maybe it would jumpstart things. DH and I decided we did want to have her check and go ahead and do it if I was favorable. Karen started to check, but stopped pretty quickly. She said "her head is right here, she's VERY low". Then she said "wow... you're 8cm dilated and 100% effaced". It was crazy, I was 8 cm dilated and I felt totally normal. How long had I been walking around like that? (She later told me I was an easy 8cm, but I was actually stretching to a full 10 at that point.) She didn't strip my membranes, we wanted to get my MIL here to care for the boys before we got anything started. Karen left to go to another nearby appointment and said she'd be back in a couple hours unless we called, then she'd come right back.

We called my MIL, I ate some fruit and yogurt, we got the bedroom all set up for the birth, and then we just hung out waiting for Karen and her assistant to arrive. When they got here they suggested I eat a little more while they got their equipment set up. Once everyone was ready we decided to just break my water rather than strip the membranes. She checked my cervix one more time and I guess she must have aggravated something that morning because I was now fully dilated. I somehow managed to get all the way to 10cm without having any painful contractions. She broke my water at 3:30pm and contractions quickly started. Even though I was already 10cm my body wasn't ready to push yet. I had to let the contractions intensify to prepare my body to push. It didn't take long before I was ready to push though. I'm not sure how long I pushed, but the whole thing took only an hour. She was born at 4:27 pm.

Lilla was placed on my chest and she cuddled there for a little while, then she was ready to nurse. She had a beautiful latch right away. We had my MIL bring the boys in and they got to meet her. I was worried Topher (my younger son) was going to be jealous seeing her nursing, but he wasn't. He just said "baby eat" and watched her. After the boys left DH held her for a few minutes and then she was weighed, measured, etc. I got in the shower and then settled back in to bed with her.

Everything since has been great. Both boys are completely in love with her and want to help with everything, especially with diaper changes. I've been tandem nursing her and Topher and they've both been doing very well with it. While I was pregnant Topher had been rubbing my belly while he nursed, but now he rubs her arms and legs, it's the sweetest thing.

Here are a few pictures:

Just born-

Topher meeting her-

My husband helping Nathan hold her (excuse the mess, they were setting their mattresses up because Nana (MIL) was going to have a camp out in the living room with them that night)-
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Welcome to Pet Talk, Lilla! And thanks for sharing Kari!
    I've Been Frosted

What a gorgeous little girl to go with your two precious boys! Love and Congratulations!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. She is beautiful and what a beautiful name.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Congratulations on your beautiful new baby Lilla! So glad all went well.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Congratulations on your new baby girl. May she grow happy, healthy and strong.

And a big WOW too - 3 little ones so close together. You must run yourself ragged at times, but I know that they are worth it. I only had 2 children - 4.5 years apart - and that was challenging at times.

Again - congrats to all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Congrats!!! She's adorable.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL, and what a beautiful family you have, little Lilla is so cute, enjoy your new daughter,thanks for sharing such a lovely event.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Congrats Kari!
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant