Thread: Ex-Bee Gee Robin Gibb has died May 20 2012

Ex-Bee Gee Robin Gibb has died May 20 2012

Remembering what the Bee Gees were...just Barry will be left if Robin passes.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome
    Last edited by Catty1; 05-20-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I heard this sad news on the radio this afternoon. prayers for this family.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I had not heard this news.

The Bee Gees were always one of my favorite groups, they sang so many great songs. I hope Robin pulls thru this and will even sing again.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Hope he pulls through. I loved this group when I was a teenager and was soooo in love with Barry Gibb! what a hottie!

"How Deep is your Love" ... remember listening to this and just dreaming of being in love!

yes very sad news, does not sound too good, but ever hopeful he will pull through, miracles do happen, yep barry is the hottie too, his younger brother i thought was also, i forget his name , the one who passed very young, so sad ,prayers for them all.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

He's awake. April 22, 2012

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/bee-gee...083916323.html

LONDON - Robin Gibb's spokesman says the Bee Gees star has woken from a coma and is showing signs of recovery.

The 62-year-old singer fell into a coma last week after contracting pneumonia. Gibb was hospitalized last year for stomach and colon problems. He has not specified the exact nature of his illness — widely reported to be cancer — but told the BBC he had a growth on his colon that was removed.

Doug Wright on Saturday said that Gibb had been able to nod and communicate with his family members, who have surrounded his bedside for almost his entire stay in a central London hospital.

The Bee Gees — British-born, Australia-raised brothers Robin, Barry and Maurice Gibb — had a string of disco-era hits including "How Deep is Your Love" and "Stayin' Alive."
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

oh dear that is so sad, i thought he was going to pull through,what a shame, and huge loss to the entertainment business.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I just heard about this on the radio. How sad. I wonder if the parents of the brothers are still alive. I can't imagine losing three children. Prayers for the Gibb family.

Edited to add- I read in the paper that Robin Gibb is survived by his mother, a sister who lives in Australia and his brother Barry Gibb.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 05-21-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678