Thread: Ten of the worlds most invasive species...

Ten of the worlds most invasive species...

http://www.takepart.com/photos/10-wo...vasive-species

As someone said: "Why are homo sapiens not on the list?"

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Because we are the ones making the list. I was also surprised not to see the Norway Rat on any lists - anywhere there are people, there are rats, and in fact several of the ones on the "invasive species" list were brought to try to control rats!
    I've Been Frosted

I agree about the rats. I saw a documentary some time ago. Ewww!

I'm suprised Lionfish weren't on the list. Their introduction and population explosion are a huge issue in the Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico/Western Atlantic.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I also am surprised cats and pigs are not on the list. Cats have caused huge damage to native bird populations in many places, New Zealand and others, and Hawaii has a big feral pig problem as well as the mongooses.
    I've Been Frosted

There are a couple I'm surprised aren't on the list, the brown tree snake, which has cause major damage in Guam and Hawaii, and the emerald ash borer, which is well on the way to wiping out the ash tree population in the northeast, both of which were brought in to their respective areas in shipping containers.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.