Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Chronicles Part 4

Heidi June 12th and 13th

Heidi on the couch down here Tuesday morning and walking up Liberty South then Orchardview today,she didn't meet any friends today,I saw the crossing guard,she didn't,crossing guard was still in her car waiting to start at 8 a.m.Tuesday morning was rainy,wasn't going to walk her but Heidi will not go out and do her business unless it is a walk so I took her out,it was wet but wasn't raining,she got her feet and tummy wet,she do what she had to do.there was a severe thunderstorm.Last night,she wouldn't settle down until I stopped eating barbecue chips then she was fine,goes from side of me to the other on the couch before settling down.She had her look outside Tuesday,did see a couple of girls go by,today saw a neighbor up the street go by.I went and did Marlene's flowerbed and cut grass ,she told me there is a nest in the tree,Blackbirds,apparently they have been dive bombing Taffy when she has been out,there were there today,yakking up a storm, didn't touch me.I did out flowerbed and grass when I got back, I have at least two tomorrow,have 5 in total to hopefully get done by Friday,getting my haircut on Saturday.Sent the fax about the camera Tuesday,heard from them today to confirm the address,will most likely get it in 30 days or so.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Heidi June 14th

Heidi on her walk this morning,we met the crossing guard and got belly rubs,before this we saw a lady walking her boy to school,Heidi wanted to greet him,I didn't want her jumping up and scratching him,passed other kids who were older,they pass us by as if we are not there.Heidi on her walk this afternoon,thought as later walk would settle her down,most nights she wanders and wandered and doesn't stay still.We saw a lady and her daughter delivering papers,Heidi wanted to greet them,the lady said Heidi wanted go in her own direction.I had tow lawns or do today,had lunch after getting back,Heidi ended up having tow dinners today,she was hungry,has had her snacks as usual has had a second snack tonight when i was having corn chips,she wanted more water to drink,gave it to her and she licked my hand to thank me.,shortly going over the couch to sit down for the night.

Heidi June 15th

Heidi on her walk this morning,we met a Border Collie on Southway Drive,gave it kisses then the dog got up,had had enough then on we went ,saw the crossing in her car,Heidi didn't, she was focused on her walk.She came back and had a drink,now behind me on the carpet snoring up a storm,have at least 2 ,maybe 3 lawns to do and that is is it,getting haircut tomorrow.I thought the later walk Thursday would settle her down,I was wrong,she did a lot of wandering around,was outside twice,had a blitz down here before finally settling down.This morning,had her bone out chewing on it then up with me in the chair looking out,she was bugging me at quarter after 7 for the walk,was a little early,later on,she started again,was kissing and licking me so off we went.79F today,maybe showers later Sunday evening,to be in the high 80's,low 90's next week ,feeling like the mid to high 90's.walks will be short,depends on if we get rain ,how much grass i will do next week.

Heidi June 15th and 16th

Heidi sitting out on the back step late Friday afternoon,she heard a neighbor behind us cutting grass while she was down here and had to go out and she what was happening.Heidi had two snacks last night,had two drinks of water,asked for the second drink,wandered around again,finally settled down beside,also had a blitz earlier.She snored beside while we were watching Nik Wallenda cross Niagara Falls,gets hard for me to watch because it was so far up,I don't like heights,glad he made it across,first one to do that.Heidi had her look out the window this morning,she followed me to the bedroom when Mom and I were changing bedsheets then it was tine for the walk.She first met a Cocker Spaniel/Spaniel mix,she kissed it,dog had no problem with it,later on she saw people sitting outside a house on Hobbs Drive,they have a blind 14 year old Cocker Spaniel that was in the house Heidi gave the lady kisses.She had a drink once home,then came down here after I was cleaned up.I gave her bone snacks, went and got my haircut this afternoon,had her supper after that,we had Fish and Chips.My Uncle is home form the hospital,his son and wife brought him home,Mom has gone over to see him,the son and his wife are planting some flowers for them.

Heidi June 17th

Heidi on her walk Sunday before church.We were coming around the corner near where Buddy the German Shepherd lives and he must have smelled Heidi,he started and was still doing when we walked by the house. I let Heidi up for a few minutes before church,she didn't do anything bad down here while we were gone,when we got back,we went to the cemetery and Mom left some flowers in front of Dad's stone for Father's Day,missed him yesterday.Almost home from the walk,Heidi saw Mom's friend Doreen and her daughter Cathy who was visiting form Kanata,Ontario near Ottawa,Heidi got some belly rubs..Heidi had her dinner around ,we had ours near 4,we had Steak and small potatoes wiht Onions.Heidi had a couple of snacks last night,took her time settling down last night,finally did.this morning,had her look out the window,had a play with the red bone,we had a thunderstorm overnight,still overcast,too wet for a walk,form tomorrow til Thursday,it is to be extremely hot and humid,feeling like 104-111F so most likely no walks and certainly won't be out in that heat doing much.Also yesterday,Mom saw a Newfoundland being walked so I picked up Heidi and when she saw that she started growling,she sounded like a motorboat starting up,never got a bark out.Heidi now having a snooze behind ,snoring.Mom just took my uncle out to get some groceries,he is doing fine,it will be a while before he is 100%.

Hi, Heidi cutie! I like all these pictures of you on your walks and on the patio! It's supposed to be hot here the next few days too. We did get some rain on Saturday which we really needed. You and Barry keep cool and have fun!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Heidi June 18th and 19th

Heidi on her walk late Monday afternoon,she was bad yesterday,did two bad things in the house and got a timeout for one of them.On the walk,did not see any pals,heard two barking from inside different houses,one was a Yorkie.She had a snack and water,had more snacks and more water I had Corn Chips.She took her time settling down again,thought the walk would've taken care of that.She sat in my chair and looked out today,spent most of the day down here snoozing,had a snack around 11,had supper at 20 to 2,we had Pizza,before that ,she was with me in the chair looking outside.We had a thunderstorm go by at 5:30 tonight,she was under my chair listening,would get out and look towards the bar room and listen,sat next to mom and also up with Mom in her chair,mom didn't go to the music concert tonight in Newcastle,to wet and it was humid today and again tomorrow,95 tomorrow feeling like 108,same kind of thing on Thursday before cooling off Friday.

Heidi June 20th

Heidi down here early this afternoon,snoozing and trying to keep cool.Another warm one today,it was 86F by 11 this morning and the heat index making it feel well lover a 100F so no walk again today and no grass cutting.Tomorrow is another warm one 90 feeling well over 100 so will see what happens tomorrow.Heidi had a chew on her bone this morning,sat with me in the chair looking out and on the floor in front of the chair at my feet.She has been out 2 or 3 times,doesn't stay out long,had her bones around 11 had her supper near 2,we had Pizza for supper,Heidi resting behind the chair now.While nhad the sotrm later Tuesday afternoon,she went under the end table next to mom for protection.

Hi, Heidi and Barry! It's a lovely day in Chicago today, sunny with a high of 80F so I hope this weather makes its way quickly to you. I was thinking of you when I heard the weather forecast, cooler weather makes the odds of a walk much better! Happy Friday!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Heidi June 21st and June 22nd

Heidi on her walk Thursday then today,yesterday,we went around the block,too warm for a long walk,heard Buddy the German Shepherd barking at us before he saw us and was still doing it as we went by.During ther day,she is down here with me and is quiet,at night she wanders around,right now,is beside mom on the floor,on today's walk,we saw the crossing guard and got a belly rub.She was down here,I had two lawns today much cooler than yesterday,had a thunderstorm last night,Heidi listens to it,doesn't run around like Fritz did.

Heidi June 23rd and 24th

Heidi on her walk yesterday and today,saw no friends on either walk,spent some time on the back step Saturday,one time there was a Dove walking around the back patio and Heidi was watching it intently.At night,she won's settle down,back and forth on either side of the couch ,with me ,then wants out,ends snoozing behind the small couch.today,had her look out the window,saw Mr.Snowden go by and wagged her tail.She stayed down while we were at church,with me after we got back,stayed down her quietly while went over to my Aunt's,had her snacks when we got back,had another bone not long ago,she won't go out ion the rain,is resting beside the chair right now.

Heidi June 25th and 26th

Heidi on her walk Monday and today,yesterday we were going down Jane street and Abigail her Shih Tzu friend was barking at her fro inside the front screen door,Heidi heard,not sure if she sawe her,a little further down we met the crossing guard and she got a belly rub,then on Southway Drive met a Collie,Heidi kissed,Collie wagged its tail,didn't last long.Most of the day was spent down here,I had hedge trimming to do at Phyllis Mcrobbie's,Mom gave her 11 a.m. snack of bones,had supper around 2,had her evening snack around 6,had more later when we had a snack.She was pretty good last night,didn't do a whole lot of wandering.This morning,sat up with me in the chair after she had a roll on the carpet,starts bugging me for a walk,we met the crossing guard,got a belly rub, 2 more days for the crossing guard and then she is off until September.Before this,we met Tessa,the Bichon and Sam the Poodle,didn't to be bothered with Heidi today.Heidi was down here after we came home,I ended doing the neighbor's lawn across the street,also cleaned a few leaves form my Uncle's lawn from wind we have got the last couple of days..She had her 11 a.m. snack,we went out around 12:30,I bought a new portable radio,I dropped my other one and it stopped working.She paced around my chair here around two,stopped and looked at me and i asked if she was hungry,she at me then I got her supper.We had ours after this,we had Meatloaf and Fried potatoes.,had a play with the red bone now resting,Mom going to a concert in the park in Newcastle,Ontario tonight for 7p.m.
    Last edited by fritz03; 06-26-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Hi, Heidi! I really like these pictures of you enjoying your walk on a sunny day! It is scorching hot here today- 90F, so I hope the heat doesn't make its way to you. Hoping for some rain maybe tomorrow night or Friday. Maybe I should get my car washed; it always seems to rain right after I do!

Heidi June 27th-29th

Heidi on her walk Wednesday morning,she missed seeing the crossing guard,she was parking her car,Heidi wanted to get going at 7:30,Heidi looking spiffy down here last,after being at the groomers,Michelle the groomer said all she wanted to do was lick you even when she was shaving hair off her,she whined the whole way there,on the way back she was quieter,Mom stopped to get some diced Onions,Heidi was with me,she saw workers there going in inside and her tail kept going,was whining for Mom to come back.She did her wandering last night then settled down.Heidi on her walks today,she was shaking her head,she met a male Bichon who was happy to see her,Heidi not so much,wasn't all that excited,she laid down on the street,further up the street saw a Boston Terrier,stayed away form that one.I did Marlene's lawn then a neighbor around the corner.We have had people move in around the corner from us on Southway Drive,they have two Bichons and a Black Poodle,I have seen them out walking,Heidi hasn't seen them,I have seen the Bichons sleeping on a mattress in the living room,they are renovating a bedroom,reminds me of Fritz when he slept in the front window.Marlene took Brandyn and Samantha to the cottage yesterday,Larry came today after work.My Uncle is back in Hospital again,he went for tests earlier in the week,had swollen legs he didn't tell anyone about,now has to have rehab on that,he will be there 3 weeks.My Aunt is to blame for this,she doesn't do much around the,he does it all,she will have to smarten up and help out around the house or they will both end up in a nursing home.Warm here again the last two days,around 88F,felt much hotter,got grass done before it was too bad,no rain in sight.

Awww, Heidi! You were so good for the groomer -- yay! But you missed mom while she was doing her shopping. She came back to you, though! I'm glad you got in a walk before it got too hot. We are getting some badly needed rain tonight. You sure are cute, as always!!