Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another whitecoat visit

Another whitecoat visit

Well, Lady had her toenails trimmed today. I was late, and it was evidently bad behavior day at the office. The vet staff were nice enough to let me take Lady into an examination room to avoid all the ruckus. There was a police dog, who didn't like being there, and a German Shepherd Dog pup who evidently didn't like any other animals, among others. Oy.

Lady was a good pup, despite the tech missing her vein a couple times, and didn't even poop on anyone this time!

As we were leaving, I said hello to an elderly pup, he was a tan shorthaired lab mix of some description, who was very friendly despite having his hind leg in a soft walking boot.

Neither Lady nor I needed the antisocial pup, and when I asked the vet about the ruckus, she said it had been like that all day. Full moon for pups?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Glad they were willing to let you and Lady avoid the ruckus! Gosh, you'd think a police dog would be well-trained enough to behave!
    I've Been Frosted

Maybe a storm was brewing. Weather often has a effect on animals before the human even notice
    the weather change.

Indy has had bad t-storms every Fri for the past 3 weeks. I didn't notice the dark clouds approaching
    but found Smokey laying in the bath room & knew a storm was coming.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My two don't seem to be effected much by Storms (thunder/lightning). But let it start raining, and it's like pulling teeth to get them to go outside, they don't like to get rained on. What's funny about that is, that when we're along side the Bayou, they'll jump in a heartbeat to catch a Frog or Snake.
    Go figure
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Good girl Lady. My pups don't tend to start trouble at the vets, athough Jake seems to be looking for it. Neither will start anything but let another dog start and they're ready to roll.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Well, I really don't feel like updating this, but.....

Lady had another vet's visit today, she's been limping more lately, which was one of the reasons we made the visit to the whitecoats that started this thread.

She had to stay today and have xrays done, they took xrays of her foot and shoulder. The films are being evaluated by an outside radiologist, but the vet told me that it was either arthritis or bone cancer.

Prayers for the pup, please.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Prayers on the way! Give her a kiss for me, please!
    I've Been Frosted

Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Lady. Hopefully it's just arthritis.
    Forever in my heart...

Just seeing this, hope you got some good news.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

The radiologist hasn't gotten back to the vet yet......they're going to rattle their cages tomorrow.

Well, got a phone call from the vet, and it wasn't good news.

I'm going to have to go talk to them Tuesday.

Sending more pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Lady and your family.
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Well, got a phone call from the vet, and it wasn't good news.

I'm going to have to go talk to them Tuesday.

Just checking in since it's Tuesday ... paws and fingers crossed.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a week.

I intended to get to the Vet's office Tuesday, but it's been insane. I'm going to get there today or Friday, I'll update then.

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts.

Well, the radiology report is indicative of cancer, we're going to wait until mid june to do another xray to see how fast it's spreading.

Because of the type of cancer indicated by the radiologist, there's not much we can do except keep her pain free for as long as possible, which right now isn't an issue. (Right Patch? How's that wall feel?)