Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cole to the whitecoats on Tuesday Update #11

I stand corrected!! Cole will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am taking my fluffy boy Cole in tomorrow morning (the 26th) for his dental. At least 3 teeth will have to be extracted.

I believe all will go well...but if you could send a good thought for Cole, it would be greatly appreciated.

Will update tomorrow afternoon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I hope that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Prayers and strong, positive healing energies are being sent for dear Cole!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I dropped him off just after 8:30 this morning (MST). They expect I can pick him up about 3:30.

I had to sign a permission slip of course - They don't have to notify me if there are more teeth to pull etc. They did that with Oscar and showed me the x-rays afterwards - they were perfectly justified in removing the others that were going or gone. It would have meant more pain and more surgery in the long run.

Cole was so quiet all the way there - I guess he likes CBC (public broadcaster)! When in the vet's, he uttered several of his tiny quiet meows - such little mews for a 20 lb cat!

I'll update this afternoon. Thank you so much for your well-wishes.

Wishing Cole all the best with his dental today. Hugs for you, I know you'll be stressed till you get him back.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Cole is home. Stoned out of his gourd.

The vet called me about 3:30; Cole was just waking up so they asked if I could come at 5 pm. He had 6 teeth removed. It was more expensive than Oscar's dental because the roots of Oscar's affected teeth had pretty well resorbed so it was mostly a "crown amputation" where the cop of the tooth is cut off.

Cole, however, had roots on all the affected teeth. Poor baby! Especially the canine tooth - really long root! For some reason, the tech brought the extracted teeth and root bits in a small container. The length of the canine root startled me - and it was still all RED. I guess they wanted me to see everything, but yuck! I did not want to keep them...what was I to do, turn the canine tooth into a pendant???

Cole is on a fentanyl patch til Monday (if it stays on that long). I give him liquid clindamycin and the painkiller tonight, and another painkiller in the morning to give the patch a chance to kick in. As out of it as he was, he was giving me head bumpies when I put my hand into the carrier.

Thanks for all the good wishes and thoughts. Gayle, I wasn't stressed - I have dealt with this clinic for years, and I trust them implicitly.

Stoner Boy is hiding somewhere - he'll come out when he is more awake.

Thanks again!

Awwwwwww! Cole, you will be feeling so much BETTER once you are over the meds!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I got worried tonight. I am to give Cole the liquid painkiller tonight and tomorrow morning until the patch kicks in.

I mixed it in wet food. I mixed it in warmed evaporated milk with a bit of warm water in it. NOPE.

I mixed some non-medicated wet food with a bit of very warm water. He wanted to eat it, but could barely eat anything.

Finally I took one of the syringes with the painkiller and squirted it into the side of his mouth. At least that will kick in for the night. Poor baby!

He enjoyed head rubs and even started to purr. Hurting baby, and still wanting to show love and headbumpies!

I know the healing is starting and he will eat more, but the first night is a bit difficult. Will update tomorrow.

Thanks again for the thoughts and good wishes!

I hope Cole had a good night and is on the mend this morning. Hugs all around!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I hope Cole is feeling better this morning!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Cole ate a bit more willingly this morning. The fentanyl patch should have kicked in by now, so I just have to get the antibiotics into him.

To that end, I bought a large can of salmon! I bet even the juice from that will mask any nasty med!

I read on PT about how some cats are so tuned in to each other - they know the other is sick, and behave well.

Zoe is incredibly UNtuned! She still "meeps" at Cole and expects a good fight! I have had to tap her on the nose a couple of times so she leaves Cole alone!

All goes well...Cole is healing.

Thanks again!