Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cinder needs Prayers

Prayers and hugs for Cinder!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm sorry I haven't seen this before. All my best thoughts for Cinder- and I am sure these wishes will be supported from above.

How is Miz Cinder doing today? Everything crossable here is crossed for her full recovery from this. I hope her gets the use of her hind quarter again. She is not a light girl to have to carry about so if my some reason she doesn't get the use back maybe a cart would be a good solution for her & for you guys as well. I am sure if Phred & the crew at the rainbow bridge have anything to do about she will be up & about soon.

<3 Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Healing thoughts and lots of wishes that the medicine will help, so Cinder can walk again. He must be so confused.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Moon and Bean are sending Cinder Kitty prayers (Bean and Cinder have a special prayer relationship) and Sunny is sending POTP (power of the paw). Get well Soon!!!!

Cinder had a tough evening last night. I guess all the moving about was too much because she really hated it each time we either carried her or manuevered her outside with the sling. However, I don't think she has peed since yesterday morning. She has managed to poop which was a good thing, outside though. My sister suggested we lay her completely on a blanket and carry her like that - of course, that takes two people for sure which makes it a little harder since I am the only one here usually from 6 in the morning until 5:30 at night. Christy works part time now so she can sometimes get over but not so much.

I really hope this medicine does kick in because if not I will soon be needing meds for MY arthritis - carrying a dog her size has my back, knees and arms hurting. This new "blanket bed" idea has really helped though - it evens out the weight more so no joint of mine is being pulled as badly. And she doesn't cry out from us hurting her while carrying her.

Thanks for all the prayers and please keep them coming.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Does one of the grandkids maybe have a wagon that you could use to help some of the burden until she's more mobile herself? Poor Cinder, and poor Diana!
    I've Been Frosted

Maybe this would help get her around. http://www.dog-sling.com/?gclid=CIK-...FcMQNAodmkMzZg
    I had to carry Buddy with just a beach towel & it is not only hard on your back, it very awkward to manouver
    witch puts more strain on your joints. I think a lot of Vets use these for their patients.

More prayers for Cinder. I hope the meds help her get to move or at least stand up which would make
    moving her easier. Prayers & hugs.(((Hugs)))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Tramadol

I think that's how you spell it. I take it twice a day and could not walk without it. I take three 50mgs. in the morning and 2 50mgs. at night. It seems to work for me. I used to take just 50 mgs. at night, but then found I was in lots of pain during the day, thus the increase. I have no side effects from the drug. I know I need a knee replacement and want to put it off for as long as possible.

I would try to max out the Tramadol, whatever the highest would be for the weight and then back it down a bit. It doesn't make me groggy or tired, it just kills the pain. I hope the Vet prescribed the correct dosage so it will be effective.

Keep us posted.

Lots of positive vibes coming your way.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hoping that you soon see some results from the meds that Cinder is taking. My Pom Myndi has much the same issues and has arthritis in her legs and spine. I have had to carry her up and down steps now for a couple of years (she's 16 and under 11 lbs), but she was doing okay otherwise until a few weeks ago when her back legs just wouldn't support her anymore. I got her right in to the vet and she put her on Tramadol - 1/4 of a 50mg tablet twice a day - and I saw an immediate improvement. She can't take any anti-inflammatory meds because of GI issues, but she has been on the gluco/chrond combo for several years now. I also started giving her massages as Freedom does with Marlin, so between that and the Tramadol, her legs are keeping that little butt of hers from hitting the ground.
    Prayers going out to Cinder from me and The Fuzzbuttz here in Delaware.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I hope she gets up on her own soon. I can't imagine how scary it must be for her not to be able to move. Good thoughts for Cinder

I'm just seeing this, I'm sorry. Yes, prayers from here, too! Poor baby...

Are there any other symptoms? How is Cinder today?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Diana, let me be blunt and open.............so we can do the same.

Do you need some financial help here? Just let us know.

Gini

I know it is frustrating at the start. You start giving the meds, and so want her to feel better and MOVE!

The joints are inflamed and swollen and sore. The meds need time to reduce the swelling, and to block the pain. I do hope you see improvement soon!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Diana, let me be blunt and open.............so we can do the same.

Do you need some financial help here? Just let us know.

Gini
    Yes, do please let us know.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!