Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our sweet Snowball finally succumbed to CRF today

Our sweet Snowball finally succumbed to CRF today

She fought a brave fight for many years. It meant so much to me to take care of her during her time of illness. She was such a wonderful soul and will leave an enormous void in our lives. How privileged we were to have known her. My wife and I are disoriented right now. Neither of us can really get our heads around what's happened and Snowball's passing. I guess I'm posting this in part because I don't know what to do with myself now. But I'm also doing it to honor Snowball, the greatest friend a person could ever ask for. Rest in peace, Muffin Bread (she liked to be called this).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1133168...in/photostream

She's such a pretty girl, with those green eyes. And so WHITE!

I am so sorry for your loss. Knowing how to care for her helped her live longer, and love you more.

Snowball is so beautiful! I am so very sorry to learn of her loss. Deepest sympathy to you and your wife and all who love and grieve Snowball so much.

She is healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge, sending her love down to you. Love is eternal, and you are all together always.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Rest in peace, pretty girl, and send your momma and daddy some purrs in their dreams so they will know you are whole and healthy again, and will be waiting for them in a nice sunny spot up at the Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Frosted

Bless you for taking care of her in her illness - she had many more wonderful years than she would have had otherwise.

Play happily at the Bridge, Snowball!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My condolences for your loss. Snowball was a beautiful. Rest in Peace little one - many will mourn you but never forget you
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

So sorry to hear about Snowball. Rest easy and play hard and pain free at the Bridge.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

RIP Lovely Girl

Oh, what a beauty she was! Snowball was such an appropriate name, she was so-o-o-o white, and so very pretty! My deepest condolences to you for the great loss of your sweet friend.
    This site helped me so much too when my Rusty passed. I also didn't know what to do with myself. Everyone here is so caring and can relate because, as I've come to realize after spending some time here, we've all lost someone we love very, very much. It hurts so much and the pain cuts so deep. And there's that void, right in the pit of the stomach. Oh, I know, we know, trust me, I still feel it sometimes. Suddenly out of the blue it hits me again, and again. That's the price of loving them. You took wonderful care of her! Let that be a comfort to you. But the time comes..at some point a Voice greater than ours calls their name. Snowball is home now and I believe she is in a WONDERFUL place!
    You've found the right place to honor her memory and heal your pain. Hugs!

Muffin Bread is now happy and painfree. She will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

So sorry for you loss of such a beautiful fur baby. The Dunn clan prayers with be with you.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

May her beautiful memory live forever in your hearts. She was much loved.

Thank all of you for your kind words. They mean a lot to me and my wife. We know you've all been where we're currently at.

I thought I'd also post a link to a Youtube video of Snowball. I'd forgotten about it until last night when we were looking at old pictures and videos of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM8VHnHdbbM

She loved to play.

:
    What a wonderful Angel you are Snowball and we know how much your family misses you.
    A Cat is such a small Animal but leaves such a large hole in our heart when they have to go.
    But Snowball is not gone forever , she is now being fitted in Las Vegas with Our Awesome Angels Army who will have a big party for Snowball and then help find Snowball a place where she and her Loved Ones can be together forever.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Seeing this thread really hits home, because my white cat Schuyler is suffering from CRF. I do not know how much longer he has with us. He has lost so much weight, and doesn't eat as heartily as when he was healthy. We give him sub-q fluids daily. I am so very sorry about Snowball. When I get on my home computer I can look at her video and photos, because flickr and youtube are blocked here at work. My vet said white cats seem to suffer more afflictions than other cats. Odd. I hope with time your tears will turn to smiles in remembering Snowball's impact on your lives. Blessings and purrs to you.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

What a beautiful and sweet girl Snowball was. I'm so sorry for your loss of her.

I hope it will be a comfort that she had many happy years with you, and that she is free of pain now. Try to remember all the good things.

Rest in peace, sweet Snowball, you will never be forgotten.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.