Thread: IBD in senior cats

IBD in senior cats

Magic was diagnosed with IBD several years ago. I switched her food to a pre-made raw rabbit diet (Natural Instincts Raw Rabbit Medallions) and it worked beautifully. I also supplemented her diet with canned rabbit food from the same manufacturer. I don't know if they changed the formula but my Magic was unable to eat the raw the last few months. It made her throw up so I stopped it and just gave her the canned rabbit. Well, there were some production issues and Natural Instincts temporarily stopped making it. I tried different flavors, both raw and canned, and she didn't like any of them. I did find 2 foods that she really likes however her intestinal walls are much thicker than before which is contributing to her vomiting and losing weight. She lost 1 lb. in 5 months!!That is scary. She is currently eating Natural Instincts Beef canned food with the occasional Felidae Pure Sea dry food given as a treat.

Any suggestions on what to give her? She is so darn picky! I prefer to give her canned if possible.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

Use Google and see if you can find a canned cat food with either rabbit, venison, kangaroo, or duck.

Try a limited ingredient canned cat food.

Those are my only ideas, good luck!

I'm sorry to hear this. My cat Storm was diagnosed with small intestinal disease,a form of IBD, several years ago and he's now 16 years old. He was vomiting his food up too. He's been on 2.5mg of prednisolone every morning and he's doing great. He and my 4 older cats eat Wellness Core dry which is grain free and they also eat some of the Wellness grain free canned in the Chicken, Turkey, Chicken&Herring, and Turkey&Salmon. I tried Natural Insticts a while back i both dry and canned and at first they loved it but then they didn't really like it and I also found it to be very expensive for what it was. I know that many people don't like to put there animals on pred but sometimes it's the only thing that really helps. Good luck.