Thread: RIP Shadow

Unhappy RIP Shadow

My big baby, Shadow, left me in the middle of the night. I am just devastated. He was such a funny little guy with a long body and long tail. He was my wildchild. I miss him so much! I can't stop crying.

I took him to the vet yesterday because I thought he was having some intestinal troubles but it turned out to be much worse. He had respiratory issues and heart trouble. It came on so suddenly too. The vet wanted me to leave him there for further observation. Shadow had showed some signs of improvement but late last night the vet called me and said that his body temp had dropped a little and and his lungs had a small amount of fluids but he was stable. This morning I got a call from the vet that Shadow died in the middle of the night. I can't believe it. I thought I was going to be picking him today so this is not what I expected. I feel so awful that I was not there with him and that he died alone in a cage. I miss him terribly. My home and heart feel so empty without him.

RIP Shadow. Mommy loves you and misses you. You were a strong little boy who always brought sunshine to my life. I called you my Christmas Day miracle since eight years ago I took you in on Christmas Day and always cherished you. You brought a smile to my face. Please know that you were loved and will be greatly missed.
    Last edited by fragrancehound; 03-23-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

Oh dear, how heart rending. I am sorry for your loss.

Shadow knows he was loved, and he was getting care in hopes he'd feel better. Don't be beating yourself up over leaving him, it was the right thing at the time, with the information you and the vet had.

So, so sorry.

In time you'll resolve all of this and while it's never easy, it's something that has to be accepted...and is part of the process..

Time helps but it never really heals..in time, the good memories will outweigh this terrible trauma you've just been subjected to.

Trust that Shadow loved you, and you did everything you could.

Keep Shadow in a special place in your heart and he will never really leave you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

RIP sweet Shadow. Play hard at the Bridge.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So very, very sorry for this sudden loss of Shadow. He was, and will forever be, much loved.

I am so very, very sorry. How heartbreaking. Deepest sympathy to you.

Rest in peace, beloved Shadow, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge as you await the day you welcome your Mommy home. You are together always; love is eternal.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm sorry for your loss of Shadow.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry for your loss. They hide illness so well. Do not feel any blame. He is at peace now. He was obviously much loved.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

How utterly heart-breaking, to have Shadow leave so unexpectedly. Please don't blame yourself that you weren't with him; you did what any loving mom would do - you had him at the hospital because that's where he needed to be. Your post says that you "took [him] in," which indicates that he had been homeless. Had you not done that all those years ago, he'd have made his transition without ever knowing love on Earth. He *knows* that you love him, and that's the important thing - and that fact that he loves you back for all you've given him. Shadow is gloriously alive, perfectly healthy, and blissfully happy - and he wants you to be happy for him. (Always, our tears are for ourselves.) Be at peace knowing that all is well with Shadow.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Shadow. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry for your loss. As another member said, they do hide illness very well.
    Many hugs and prayers for you.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

We are so sorry to hear about your Shadow.
    It is so sad that we will outlive Our Pet Companions, and that the joy we have with them is balanced with the fact taht we will no longer see them at home. But we know that we will see them again in Purradise where all of Our Awesome Angels will be there to greet us and to act as our ambassadors, letting the other Awesome Anmgels know how much that you are loved.

You will see Shadow, and All Of Our Awesome Anmgels and Us in time.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry about Shadow. I believe sometimes they wait until they are not around you to go because they don't want to upset you further.

RIP Shadow
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)