Thread: Charlie is no longer a "man" lol

Charlie is no longer a "man" lol

Brought him to the vet for 8:30am and he was done and walking about at 11am.

They were excellent with him!

They had him loose to prevent him from having an anxiety fit. They said he was a sweetheart and just so friendly that evetyone loved him.

After his surgery they had him wake up on the floor (with a heated pad & blankets) to prevent an anxiety fit. He stood up right away and was walking about.

He then went to one of the lower kennels and asked to go in. They opened the door and in he went on his own. They said he enjoyed watching everyone in his heated kennel (everything is heated there, even the gas).

Hes doing great still. Just had him out for a pee. His energy ran out when we got off the elevator on our floor, so i carried him the rest of the way.

He had a small meal with no issues. Hurray!

Hes going to wear a cone at bedtime as i cant watch him. Im sure he'll be thrilled wearing it lol.

So glad they were understanding, and he did so well! Welcome home, Charlie! You may not have known you were broken, but now you are "fixed!"
    I've Been Frosted

Sounds like you found the most amazing vet EVER!

Give Charlie some loves for me.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This is like no vet ive ever seen before. The place is mind blowing! My old vet was darn good too but this is crazy advanced!

Yearly shots + checkup is about $100, which is on par with everyone else. Surgeries are just more $ but its done right.

Charlie is at work with me right now. I got scolded for keeping him on a leash lol

My boss dog napped him and took us to the yard. He encourged cgarlie to pee on everything in sight, esp the junk pile poor anthony was working on lol no worries, anthony was in a small Cat type of vehicle.

The boss also threw charlie into his truck and locked the doors on me. He then tried to buy charlie for $10 lol

Needless to say, charlie is very welcome here. Hes so friendly, listens, quiet as a mouse and everyone thinks hes super cute with his crazy fur.

Good for Charlie and you too! I am glad everything went so well.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Towards the end of my shift a few of the truckers returned to the office/shop/yard and all of them went pretty crazy when they saw Charlie in the office. A few cracked nsfw jokes about poor Charlie, but he didnt care lol

I was able to see how well he would listen off leash (dog park doesnt count) and hes just as excellent as Digi! He heeled when commanded, came when commanded, and left it alone when commanded. I was very happy to learn that all the training i have done with him since his arival has sunk in.

Being a playful puppy i dont expect him to obey all commands at the dog park. Its just not right to expect that much from a puppy. As long as he doesnt stray too far and comes back into my comfort zone im happy.

But man o man i wasnt expecting what he did today. He was like a little pro and made me look real good infront of the owner.

Im sure he was too active today, but he wasnt running and wasnt jumping. I checked his stitches many times to ensure all was well down there. Nothing looked stressed or raw. His sac is still swollen, but thats to be expected due to the trauma that area went through. Very little redness and he ignored it for the most part. The last hr was a little rough as i could tell his meds wore off. But i cant feed him at work as its way too dirty there and he eats raw. The vet told me it would be ok to do if after i got home as that was the best time. He wasnt crying, was just more aware of it and would lick it.