Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New addition to the household

I know your vet's diagnosis isn't what you wanted to hear, and I know how worrying his weight loss must be, but this could signal a turning point when he is getting the professional and home care he's needed. I recently found that I needed to move Zazesh from the special diet he'd been on for gastro problems to a regular diet along with meds. He'd dropped 2 pounds and weighed only 4.5. In fact, I gave him Fancy Feast because it looked like we were losing him and I just wanted to give him something he loved. Over the past month, with fluids therapy, Metronidazole (Flagyl), Pred. and pumpkin in his FF, he's bounced right back and has gained both weight, appetite and strength. Does your boy have a good appetite? Is he on any meds? Does he have any other medical problems? Did the family who gave him up say anything about his incontinence?

Please name him.

I think that he might have Manx syndrome. The good thing is that if that is what he has, then he might be able to life a nice long life. Right now I just have to get over the diarrhea and get him out with the rest of the guys. The only meds he are on is Albon (for the diarrhea), but he just looks so miserable right now. I have done 3 loads of laundry already today

I have been trying anything I can to get him to eat, but at least he will eat treats and some dry food so that is a start!

I got him from a young woman who was doing rescue on her own, so she was doing what she could afford to do and she told me what she could.

Right now he is named "lynx" by the woman who rescued him, but I think he needs a special name. I was thinking of Francis (as in St. Francis of Assissi). He is a gentle and loving soul that is doing the best he can.