Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brennan Got Attacked Today.

The lady didn't even apologize or anything for her stupid piece of s*** dog.
    I am sorry Brennan got bit, but your wording made me sad to read. The dog isn't a stupid piece of____, and I have been caught off guard by something seemingly out of character by my dogs before too, and it's especially possible in a group of dogs not familiar with each other. You said she asked if he was okay, so she did seem to show concern. She may have been shaken herself and not reacted as collected as she should have. Often things that seem out of no where to us had some tension or some unseen provocative factor that is not evident to us. (A side glance, a body posture, a past experience with a similar dog, etc.)

Anyone who takes their dogs frequently around other dogs is taking a bit of risk that you may be in situation, present day or years from now, when your dog or another person's dog does something completely unexpected before humans can react.

It's understandable to be protective. Dogs are like our kids, but we must also always remember they are dogs with their own communication system and dog behaviors that are not always discernible by us.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul View Post
    I am sorry Brennan got bit, but your wording made me sad to read. The dog isn't a stupid piece of____, and I have been caught off guard by something seemingly out of character by my dogs before too, and it's especially possible in a group of dogs not familiar with each other. You said she asked if he was okay, so she did seem to show concern. She may have been shaken herself and not reacted as collected as she should have. Often things that seem out of no where to us had some tension or some unseen provocative factor that is not evident to us. (A side glance, a body posture, a past experience with a similar dog, etc.)

Anyone who takes their dogs frequently around other dogs is taking a bit of risk that you may be in situation, present day or years from now, when your dog or another person's dog does something completely unexpected before humans can react.

It's understandable to be protective. Dogs are like our kids, but we must also always remember they are dogs with their own communication system and dog behaviors that are not always discernible by us.
    I was pretty angry when I wrote this, so that explains my wording.

I just felt that the lady wasn't concerned enough. She didn't give me time to look Brennan over too well before asking if he was okay, and she didn't seem too concerned by the fact that her dog just bit my dog and could have caused a lot of damage. The dog would have made two of Brennan and probably could have ripped his face off if it had tried hard enough.

I also felt that she should have had better control of her dog. Because it was clear that the dog was walking her before Brennan got attacked. If I couldn't control my dog in a public setting like that, then I wouldn't bring my dog.

I know there are unknown signals and anything could have set the dog off, but I feel the fact that the lady couldn't control her dog was just really stupid and careless on her part to walk it in a public area.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography