Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updates and stuff with pictures

Updates and stuff with pictures

I haven't been here regularly for awhile. Today seemed liked a good day to post. It's six years ago today that we got Delta back after he had disappeared for month!

Happy Delta Day! Moose bones for everyone!

Last year was rough on our pack. We're down to 16 dogs and 7 cats. I expect the next few years will continue to be rough! All the dogs except Tehya are in double digit ages. Hobo and Pingo are 15; Muskwa is 14 and there are a bunch of 12 & 13 year olds. I should have thought of that when I was adopting them!

It's a much calmer yard these days. The vet bills tend to be for chronic issues, not bleeding dogs after hours! An aging pack has it's benefits.

Stuart has started his own drilling company. This is his water well rig. I can't seem to find a picture of the other two core drilling rigs. He's rarely home these days. He's working in an isolated mining exploration camp right now. He's supposed to be in for six weeks and home for two, but it rarely works that way! I don't expect to see him again until spring break up shuts the camp down for a bit, sometime in May!

The dogs are always delirous when he does show up at home!

We got back a couple weeks ago from a fantastic trip to Roatan, Honduras. Ridiculously hot and sunny every day, not a snowflake for thousands of miles. I could get used to that! there's several feet of snow here still!

We didn't dive on this trip, but the snorkelling was like swimming in an aquarium. Amazing! Next time we'll be diving Roatan! I'm planning another trip somewhere hot for September, my 40th birthday, if I can find a critter sitter!

I'll stop now! Hi again all!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Wow, thanks for the updates. How neat that Stuart has his own company now, though of course that means he's busier than ever! And don't beat yourself up for having all those dogs in double digits at the same time. It's not like any of us check ages when a pet so badly needs a home, do we? And without your care, it's likely most would never have survived to get that old, never mind had such a happy husky(/malamute) home!

I do think we need a Tehya update, too, as we all watched her grow up here! Give her a good Aroooo from us, and greetings to the rest of the crew as well!

And the trip sounds great, and the snorkeling must have been amazing. I'm always too busy looking to remember to take pictures, so that fish one is extra impressive! Did you have a snowy winter? We have almost not even had real winter down here in Boston, just one snowstorm in October, and one minor one a couple weeks ago, but otherwise strangely warm ...
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, thanks for the update. I often check your blogs for updates, but updates are sparse there, too. Even if you're busy would appreciate Tehya reporting in.
    Oh, just found updates on your blogs. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Freckles; 03-17-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
    Yes, thanks for the update. I often check your blogs for updates, but updates are sparse there, too. Even if you're busy would appreciate Tehya reporting in.
    Oh, just found updates on your blogs. Thank you very much.
    Yah, I felt like all i was posting there was goodbye and I really struggled after Bandit, Mac & Ozzy died. I just quit updating the blog for awhile. There's a couple recent posts there now.

Tehya is fine. She'll be six this year, but she hasn't slowed down one little bit! She is the only dog who doesn't mind when Stuart isn't home...she takes over his side of the bed!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Love the pictures of your trip. The ones at home in the snow also...reminds me of our snow, looks just about the same here except for some amazing melting the last two days.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Great to see an update from you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    IDid you have a snowy winter? We have almost not even had real winter down here in Boston, just one snowstorm in October, and one minor one a couple weeks ago, but otherwise strangely warm ...
    Karen, we've had a very snowy winter. I'm about done with snow. Took a guy in a bobcat 6 hours to clear my yard last weekend. We have more than usual, but still much less than our Alaskan neighbours. The Alaskans have been slammed with snow this year! We had about 3 weeks of -40C/F and below, but except for that one cold snap it's been a fairly mild winter temperature wise.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Karen, we've had a very snowy winter. I'm about done with snow. Took a guy in a bobcat 6 hours to clear my yard last weekend. We have more than usual, but still much less than our Alaskan neighbours. The Alaskans have been slammed with snow this year! We had about 3 weeks of -40C/F and below, but except for that one cold snap it's been a fairly mild winter temperature wise.
    Oh, so YOU'RE the one who got all my snow, huh? I knew it went somewhere! Sorry about that! I have shoveled only twice all winter, whereas last year there were storms where I shoveled 4 or 5 times in one day! And the temperatures have been much warmer, too - the lakes here rarely even froze over for more than a couple days before they'd thaw out again!
    I've Been Frosted

I was just thinking about you recently and am really glad you updated today. How cool that your hubby is self-employed now. How do you feel about him never being home? And how cool that you went to Honduras, what gorgeous pictures. I think we have the same camera, I love how good it is underwater.

It's pretty crazy that it has been 6 years since Delta came home, I remember it so clearly. It's also crazy how old Tehya is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I was just thinking about you recently and am really glad you updated today. How cool that your hubby is self-employed now. How do you feel about him never being home? And how cool that you went to Honduras, what gorgeous pictures. I think we have the same
    camera, I love how good it is underwater.

It's pretty crazy that it has been 6 years since Delta came home, I remember it so clearly. It's also crazy how old Tehya is now.
    Stuart never being home isn't new. Most of our life together, he has worked away from home. The only real difference now is that he's not working for someone else! At least this camp has net access so we can email and skype regularly!

We have a Panasonic TS-2 and a Pentax WG-1 underwater cameras. Just got the Pentax for this last trip; I was very impressed with it!

I had to look up the dates today...couldn't believe it had been that long for Delta. Tehya's still the Babydog! Everyone is so much older than her!
    --John Irving

Thanks for posting these beautiful pics of scenery and especially of your gorgeous animals. I enjoyed looking.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Great to see an update from you! Just love that picture of Tehya chewing - and the one where the dogs do a happy dance when Stuart came home.

You live such a different life than the rest of us, but it must be fantastic! However, it's nice to get away to a warmer climate now and again, isn't it!

What happened to your Olympus C5060? I still have mine.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    You live such a different life than the rest of us, but it must be fantastic! However, it's nice to get away to a warmer climate now and again, isn't it!

What happened to your Olympus C5060? I still have mine.
    Very nice! Our plan is to someday, in the not so distant future, skip winter entirely. We'd like to find a place in Central America to spend the winters...leave here in November, return in May. Our next long trip is going to be to check out Nicaragua.

Oh, my, that was a lot of cameras ago! That one died a terrible death due to a can of diet coke! Do not spill diet coke on yours. They don't like it!
    --John Irving

It's so good to see an update from you with some great photos!
    I would love to see some photos of your cats and more updated info on them as well as some cute Tehya photos too.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Great photos and what a splendid way to spend your vacation. Congratulations and the best success to Stuart for his new venture - being your own boss takes huge time and dedication but the rewards can be all worth it.

I love your plans to find a place in Central America for the next life phase - sounds very exciting. We are hoping to get to Costa Rica and Panama later this year - I am so excited!!

Good to hear from you and give all those doggies (especially the Baby Dog) big hugs please.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu