Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lennox, was euthanized today...the voices of hundreds of thousands ignored

Lennox, was euthanized today...the voices of hundreds of thousands ignored

So Belfast City Council has done what every animal lover everywhere has feared. They have snuffed out the life of a beautiful and beloved family companion. There are no words to convey my anger, disgust or heartbreak at this moment. While the title says humanely put to sleep there was nothing remotely humane about what they did to Lennox, his family or his supporters around the world.

Lennox the dog 'humanely put to sleep' - telegraph

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I am outraged also. Shame-shame-shame on Belfast and the "council" that upheld this terrible injustice.

RIP Lennox, and please know that most people loved you and tried everything within their power to save you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

There is an article that just surfaced about the belfast city council. They are allegedly responding to incoming called about Lennox is a runde manner and making animal noises at people over the phone before hanging up on them. If this is actual truth these people have fallen completely out of the apple tree. There is simply no excuse for doing something of that nature.

Here's the link to the article about Belfast City Council making animal noises at callers.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight View Post
    There is an article that just surfaced about the belfast city council. They are allegedly responding to incoming called about Lennox is a runde manner and making animal noises at people over the phone before hanging up on them. If this is actual truth these people have fallen completely out of the apple tree. There is simply no excuse for doing something of that nature.

Here's the link to the article about Belfast City Council making animal noises at callers.
    If it's true, then it is nothing short of sick! It seems to me that the council was/is on some kind of "power trip", and would not let anyone or anything sway their decision. Why didn't they even let the woman in the U.S. that wanted to adopt him - adopt him??? They would have come out of that whole deal looking humane and squeaky clean, but now they have a black mark on them that will take a very long time to fade. So be it - they deserve it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am stunned. Poor, poor Lennox. His poor family and heartbroken supporters as well.

I hope the next council election is SOON!

SHAME!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I was hopeful, but if the BCC had held out this long, they were not going to change their minds.

This sounds familiar to the Crazy Cats Ladies Society Shelter whose cats were seized and immediately euthanized. It was later discovered that the city's shelter director acted without just cause and she and one or two others were fired. In this case the city council investigated and brought some justice to those guilty.

Lennox and his case were no so fortunate.

Some links about Lennox

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-16183738.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18794360

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15127533

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12901538

What is really appalling about their insensitive behavior is their treatment of his family. Lennox's ashes will be mailed to them? How cruel! Sounds like the city needs an entire overhaul.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Their actions have forever tainted the city of Belfast's reputation in the eyes of the entire pet-loving world.
    I've Been Frosted

Outrageous.

Why Victoria Stillwell didn't even qualify to take him I don't know.

I read on FB that the Council will be closed Thurs and Fri. They can't get any work done in the uproar over this.

I feel so badly for Lennox's family.

I had a really good mind to call this morning to confirm whether the dog was dead or not. I'm glad I didn't, I couldn't begin to tell you what I would do if I got some @$$ on the phone oinking at me! The BCC will get their punishment one way or another. They are a despicable group of human beings, that's for sure.

Justice will be served for Lennox! I find God has a strange sense of humor and He WILL take care of those who mistreated one of the creatures He created.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I had held out hope. It is just too sad for words right now.

I don't see why the Council would not accept any offers to take the dog out of the country. Only reason I can think of
    for them to insist on euthansia is so their bad decision could not be proved by the good behavior of the dog in another home setting.
    They wanted to bury their mistake in taking the dog & refusing to consider any other arrangments. They sound like a horrid little
    group of tiny minds.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Justice will be served for Lennox! I find God has a strange sense of humor and He WILL take care of those who mistreated one of the creatures He created.
    Exactly. RIP dear Lennox.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

When I heard this, I was just saddened by the stupidity of people. Makes no sense to me.