Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My darling Belle has passed

My darling Belle has passed

My Belle, my hearts desire, passed on Sunday from what appeared to be Panleukopenia. She was the best tempered, sweetest cat I have ever had. She was ragdoll pure bred (absolutely gorgeous). I miss her terribly and hope to get another soon, but I am afraid to. How long after such an occurence do I need to wait to introduce another cat to the family? I have a dog too that misses her. I am going to a shelter and getting a "mutt" cat, older and very sturdy; not now, but later. How do I protect the new one? I do not want to do through that pain again. Would an older cat, fully vaccinated be able to stay free of such a virulent disease? Any qualified help would be greatly appreciated.

Our condolences on Belle's passing.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Bellesmom, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Belle. Deepest sympathy to you and all who love her and miss her so much.

Do you know the Rainbow Bridge legend? Belle is whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge and will be there to greet you and welcome you Home... One Fine Day. Love is eternal, and you and she are together always.

Take time now to grieve her and cherish your wonderful memories of her. You will know when you are ready to adopt another cat. You will be doing a great thing in Belle's honor and memory to give a welcoming home to another cat who needs one, especially an older one.

God bless you and bring you peace and comfort.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am sorry about Belle.

Your local shelter should be able to answer your questions.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Panleukopenia is a virus-based disease, and can be transmitted though many ways. You should discard any and all bedding, soft toys and any places she likes to sleep will need to be totally disinfected. And plastic or rubber toys that can be disinfected should be, otherwise they should be discarded. And of course the carrier she road in will need to be disinfected and clean before you use it for a new cat. I know you'd rather be safe than risk a new kitty.
    I've Been Frosted

re: my darling Belle

Thank you . That was so sweet. I will miss her forever, but I also know I will get another. I cry every time I think about her.
    I started the disinfection process, but I have to get under beds too, right? I also made a collage in her honor. God, I miss her. She was more like a dog and as soft as silk. Do you know how to upload a pic? I can't seem to add one to my profile.
    Thank you again for your kind words.

Bellesmom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dear Bellesmom, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Belle. Deepest sympathy to you and all who love her and miss her so much.

Do you know the Rainbow Bridge legend? Belle is whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge and will be there to greet you and welcome you Home... One Fine Day. Love is eternal, and you and she are together always.

Take time now to grieve her and cherish your wonderful memories of her. You will know when you are ready to adopt another cat. You will be doing a great thing in Belle's honor and memory to give a welcoming home to another cat who needs one, especially an older one.

God bless you and bring you peace and comfort.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ from Pat and cats

No risk..

I won't have one if I can't be sure. I am so sad. But I think one from a shelter a little older would be a better because I will be helping the shelters that are over run with unwanted animals. I love cats so i know I will get another. I am not ready now, but I started the disinfection process. I threw out the litter box, carrier and all toys. I have to get under beds too, right? She was everywhere. I am thinking about pulling my carpet up, but Iam waiting on a vet response. Thank you for your help, kind words, and your condolences. God Bless

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Panleukopenia is a virus-based disease, and can be transmitted though many ways. You should discard any and all bedding, soft toys and any places she likes to sleep will need to be totally disinfected. And plastic or rubber toys that can be disinfected should be, otherwise they should be discarded. And of course the carrier she road in will need to be disinfected and clean before you use it for a new cat. I know you'd rather be safe than risk a new kitty.

Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I am sorry about Belle.

Your local shelter should be able to answer your questions.

It's okay, and there's a thread that explains pictures here: http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?171780

I would ask your vet specifically about the carpet, if a professional cleaning would do the trick or you are better off pulling it up.
    I've Been Frosted

Pics

Yup. Figured it out. Added a pic of her.
    Thank you for your help.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just looked at Belle's picture in your profile and she was gorgeous. Yes, I would ask a vet about this disease. I think it's great that you want to adopt another cat from a shelter when you're ready for a new furikid. RIP sweet Belle.

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Belle. I hope you can get another kitty soon to help fill the void in your heart.

belle

Is there anything more beautiful and unique than a cat. Thank you for your words.
    Do you own all those cats and those that are beyond the rainbow or are these from a shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I just looked at Belle's picture in your profile and she was gorgeous. Yes, I would ask a vet about this disease. I think it's great that you want to adopt another cat from a shelter when you're ready for a new furikid. RIP sweet Belle.

Belle

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss.