Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Willy ~ Renal failure

I am so very sorry to read this. You are doing the loving, right thing to let Willy go now, but it is still so sad and heartbreaking, especially at his young age. We are sending our prayers and loving energies to you and Willy and all who love him.

May Willy's passing to the Bridge be peaceful and easy. He will be waiting for you there, whole and healthy again.

God bless you all.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hugs to Willy. He is way too young, you are right. But he did outlive a prognosis or two.

I didn't realize he had cancer as well. Hugs and all love to you. I pray his passing is peaceful for all.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh I'm so sorry to read this. It's so painful, I know, but Willy will love you even more for letting him go and ending his pain. (((HUGS)))
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My dear Lisa, words cannot convey the pain in my heart for you. I know all will be well with your beloved Willy, but your suffering will be great, I know. Please know that Willy, you, and Bobcat have been and continue to be in my prayers each and every day. May the Creator bless Willy with a gentle transition to the Bridge, where he will wait happily for you.

With my love and sympathy,
    Sharon

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    See post #44 here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...-this-Saturday for an update. Willy appears to want to stay a little longer.

Kind of in a quandry now, but we canceled the vet appointment for now.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Continuing prayers and love for Willy and you...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Is he eating the carrots?

Sigh. Good! I've just been through this myself: I had the vet appointment to have Fudge, my horse, put down - the backhoe was on the property, ready to dig the grave. Two days beforehand, I walked out to check on Fudge, who was in the middle of the field. When I called to him from the fence, he walked right over to me. Obviously, he is not ready to leave, either. I feel for you, Lisa, because we know that in both cases, this is a temporary reprieve -- and the up and down of emotions is hard, too. But I'm relieved that Willy wants to stay a while longer. (BTW, I called that pet psychic that you had talked to a while ago, but she never returned my call. )

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Lisa was flying home today - she works away from home 2 weeks at a time. I'm sure when she's back on the ground with Willy she will update us!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Is he eating the carrots?

When I got home, I grated up about 1/4 of a baby carrot and added it to his favorite Fancy Feast Yellow Tuna Florentine Medley. He ate a little bit but lost interest. It didn't go to waste though, our Hoover vacuum cleaner -- aka Willow -- scarfed it down.

I gave him a double dose of potassium gell and squirted some salmon oil down his throat and he seems to have perked up a little. Whether it was that or just having his meowmie home, I'm not sure -- but he is no longer hiding in the back of closet.

I'll be at the hospital with Bobcat for tests most of tomorrow. Pet communicator session scheduled for Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

Poor Willy. Renal failure is awful.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I don't know if the reading for Willy showed he was picky - lol! - but do you have a machine that could puree it like baby food? Maybe that's all he wants. Please give him some cuddles for me.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I was thinking pureed carrots too. Maybe pick up a couple of jars of baby food carrots and see if he likes that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

We tried carrot baby food first. It was a no go -- except for Willow who will eat anything.
    I tried again today but he turned his nose up. I mixed a minute amount of the baby food with his favorite tuna food and he ate it.

So, I'm not sure if the pet communicator was trying to say he was craving it or if his body needed it. He doesn't seem interested in it, but we did get some into him.

Reading with the pet communicator tomorrow. Will post an update.

Reading with the pet communicator

Guys ~ Here's how it went today. This is a writeup I did for another site I belong to.
    I've posted on Pet Talk about Rhoda, a dear friend who is dying of leukemia. What blew me away is after the reading, "someone up there" lead me to a doctor who takes a holistic approach to pet care. "Coincidentally" he and Rhoda have the same last name. Spelled differently, but.... And I think I've mentioned here before, that I do not believe in coincidences, so here is now it went:

We had a session with a pet communicator this morning.
    All of the kitties spoke, but the main purpose was to speak to Willy about his acute kidney failure.

He said he's not ready to leave. He wants a few more weeks. But, he's ready if he has to go. He's excited to see his mom and dad again, but worried about leaving his sister because he needs to protect her. I found that hysterical because she appears to be the one who mothers and comforts him. But, he's worried that the "white cat" (Pepper) will beat up Willow if he's not around. We reassured him that we will help Willow if/when he leaves. That seemed to make him happy.

The communicator told us that he wants pureed carrots and asked us if it was okay to give cats carrots. We weren't sure so she Googled it for us and it is okay. So, I blanched some baby carrots in the microwave and pureed them and he ate some.

He said the fluids are too much and are exhausting. He asked if we could put in less fluid every day instead of more fluids every other day. We agreed to do that and it made him happy.

She said there is something going on with him. It is kidney failure, but it isn't at the same time. She said that his system appears to be poisoned somehow and thinks it had something to do with tap water and the crunchies that he loves to eat. We told her that we knew the crunchies were bad for him but that he craves them. She said they were like junk food where your body will learn to crave all the fat and salt after a while. We will quit buying them and she asked him to stop eating them. She said he needs spring water instead of tap water. (Maybe the chloride and fluoride is the problem?)

He loves, loves, loves to play in water. I told her that we have tried 2 different water fountains and all the kitties were scared of the motor sound. She said that we didn't really need a fountain, but she asked him to stop drinking the tap water and drink the spring water. He will try, but he still wants to play in the sink and bathtub.

I asked her if his feet bothered him (I didn't tell her ahead of time that he has huge tumors on his 4 feet) and she said he said no, not at all and he couldn't figure out why she'd even ask him that. So, I told her that he had tumors on his feet that break open and bleed and she said she wasn't picking up on that at all and he's not concerned about them and perhaps he doesn't have much feeling in his feet.

Then she was very cautious to tell me this -- but since she was getting such a weird impression (kidney failure but not kidney failure) she asked her "guides" if there was any hope for a cure and the answer was a resounding YES! She was very cautious about it because she didn't want to get my hopes up and she said it was VERY RARE that she got that answer. Most of the time the answer is something like, well, there are things that can be done to make the situation better but there is an kind of resigned, acceptance of the situation. This time the answer was different.

I asked her if she could be picking up on the fact that we had been researching kidney transplant at one time and she said that before I could even get the words out, she was shaking her head, no, no, no that is not the answer.

I had made a comment earlier in the reading about knowing that there was not going to be some sort of miracle, but she disagreed and said she actually got an impression of a “miraculous recovery”. Like I said, she was very cautious about this and getting my hopes up but it is so unusual for her to get a resounding YES when she asks that question of her guides that she felt she needed to tell me.

She said we needed to investigate a more holistic approach and asked if there were any holistic vets in Anchorage, Alaska. I told her I didn’t know of any. She said our vet is very good, but there is more that can be done. And she didn’t know if it needed to be done to save Willy or if it’s just something that I need to do for myself to feel like I tried everything. (That’s very much my personality, so it makes sense).

So, after we spoke and I wrote down a bunch of notes and thanked all the kitties for talking to her. I got online and searched for a holistic vet in Anchorage. I found a link and the phone number and spoke with a lady who told me that holistic medicine really wasn’t their thing and she referred me to another vet. I wrote down the name information she gave me and was going to look them up but I “accidently” clicked on the wrong link and it took me to a different website for “The Pet Stop”. I was about to click back, but was curious to see if they offered a holistic approach since the first place I called was retrieved when I Googled but didn’t really offer holistic options. Anyway, I started reading about the staff and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the name of one of the doctors.

“Dr. Todd Palmatier” Yes, I know the last name is spelled differently than Rhoda’s, but before Rhoda, I’ve never heard that last name before. So, I called the office with the intention of insisting that Dr. Palmatier was the only doctor I would bring Willy to see.

Before I could get the words out, the receptionist told me that Dr. Palmatier was the only one who had an opening and they can see Willy a week from tomorrow. I asked them that if they had any cancelations to let me know.

So, if Willy is still with us next week, he will be seeing Dr. Palmatier. Even if Willy can’t be cured, nothing can convince me that Rhoda didn’t have a hand in sending me this sign to not lose faith.

Thank you Precious Rhoda. YOU are the gift that keeps on giving.

Link to The Pet Stop: http://www.petstopak.com/staff.html
    Link to the Pet Communicator: http://theholisticcenter.typepad.com...3/welcome.html
    Last edited by kuhio98; 07-31-2012 at 11:24 PM.