Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Willy ~ Renal failure

I am sorry to hear about Willy.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Willy doesn't feel well. But, he remains a sweet boy. He just brought me a present -- a plastic bag of screws he got out of a box. [/SIZE]
    Awww, what a thoughtful boy. Give him a kiss for me.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry to hear that your sweet boy Willy is getting worse instead of better.
    I love that he still likes to give you presents.
    Cherish the time you have with him, he is a very special Meezer.
    Give him a big hug and kiss from me.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post

Willy doesn't feel well. But, he remains a sweet boy. He just brought me a present -- a plastic bag of screws he got out of a box.

Awwww, such a sweetie.

I am so sorry to hear that Willy is having such a hard time of it.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so so sorry. He loves you and you love him - he is bringing you prezzies. Wishing him all the love, comfort and peace possible.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so very sorry.

Willy loves you very much and you love him just as much back. How sweet of him to bring you that present! Cherish your special time together as always.

Thinking of you both and sending along all our love and prayers.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. I'm also hoping for a miracle. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I, too, am hoping and praying for a miracle for Willy. Such a sweet widdle boy, bringing you prezzies.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I just read this thread. I am so sorry your Willy is very sick. It is so sad when a beloved pet/friend has severe health problems. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa, I just read your posts in the Pet Psychic thread in General.

How is Willy doing?

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Willy is doing remarkably well. On April 10th, the vet said he had a week or 2 to live.
    Well, he's still going strong. He is eating more -- though he is still skinny. He's running and playing and enjoying his time outside in the pen soaking up the sun and chewing on grass. He sleeps a little more but he isn't isolating like he was before.

Brittany (the vet tech we hired to give him sub-q fluids when I'm away at work) thinks he's doing very well and suggested we take him back to the vet to get his numbers again. During the April visit, the numbers were so bad that the vet didn't think it was worth testing him any more.

I have no idea if his numbers have improved, but he is definitely doing better with the fluids every other day. I'm going to take him in to get the blood work again and see what's changed. We're told that his kidneys will eventually get so badly damaged that they won't be able to process the fluids, but for now he's giving us every sign that he is enjoying life. So, we'll keep up the "water and fish".
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Water and fish - what more could a Willy kitty want, right? We love when our pets prove dire predictions wrong!
    I've Been Frosted

Fingers crossed tightly..... "Water and fish!" lol

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm still away at work in Prudhoe but Bobcat and Brittany (the vet tech who comes to the house and gives Willy fluids while I'm at work) agree that it is time to let Willy go.

He has lost so much weight. He's very frail. The tumors on his paws and back legs continue to grow. Bobcat says that when you look in his eyes, he's just not "there" anymore.

Brittany and the vet will come to the house on Tuesday or Wednesday and help him cross the bridge. But, I told Bobcat that if Willy appears to be in any pain this weekend, don't wait for me to come home, take him to the emergency vet and let him cross the bridge. We wouldn't want our Prince William to suffer.

Willy remains his same, sweet self but seems dazed and disoriented at times even with the fluids and potassium we have been giving him. He missed the litter box a few days ago and when Brittany cleaned it up (Bobcat's back is still out and he can't bend or lift), the urine was not concentrated. It was mostly water and didn't smell like urine at all.

So, please keep Willy in your prayers. He and Willow turn 6 years old in August. He's so young to have developed kidney failure.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this. You've done everything you could and I'm sure that Willy knows how much you love him. He remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))