Thread: The White Coats.

The White Coats.

Digi & Charlie went to visit the white coats on Fri to meet the staff & check the place out. As soon as we walked through the door both dogs focused on a man & wanted him badly. The man turned around with a terribly sad face & dove into dogs to receive their many kisses. He was crying & they were loving on him as they both seemed to know just what he needed. He looked up at me & told me they had just put their dog down a few mins ago & really needed the happy dog kisses. I didn't say a word & just allowed them to work their magic. He looked better when he decided to stand up

Once the couple were sent to the special room to morn their lost one, we took a tour of the place. This place is crazy high tech! They looked more high tech then any hospital I've been in. Crazy clean, heated everything (tables, surgery table, gases, kennels, etc). Everyone was super nice too! I was happy with everything I saw & everyone I met, so I booked an appt for them to look Charlie over. What I thought was broken ribs isn't. Its just the way they grew, so I was relieved there to know that he wasn't kicked so hard to break ribs. The vet said he looked pretty good for a dog that was in really rough shape. She was happy with his weight gain (its a slow process while on a raw diet), and he looked & felt great. His skin was a tiny bit dry & shes pretty sure its just from his past & it'll just take more time to fully heal. She wants to give him several more months before to improve before we look at other options to speed recovery up.

I told her about my thoughts on his hind legs & she confirmed that they are weak from his past care & confirms that they are getting stronger from my descriptions. I was positive I knew what was going on, but it felt great being told I was correct & not to worry as they should continue to get stronger as the months go by.

She is very happy with his diet, but said I should add seafood more often to help his skin faster. Other then that, I'm doing everything perfect & she wants me to continue as is.

Hes getting fixed on the 21st!

He was wearing his diaper during the checkup as he cannot be trusted to not pee. Just as we were giggling about his diaper cuteness, he lifted his leg & took a looooooong pee on my shoe, luckly he was wearing that diaper LOL The vet giggled more & told him its not very nice to pee on mommy's foot! She told me the neutering might correct that, but if its just a habit, it might take a lot of training to get him to stop it completely. Thats why I buy him baby diapers, as I was scolding him every time I turned around & that wasn't helping our bond & def wasn't teaching a scared dog anything. Since the use of this diaper, he rarely tries to mark now. But if you take that diaper off & let him loose, he will pee within a min. So its never taken off until after hes leashed & the leash is taught. We also learned that if he walks on a loose leash he will pee in the building, which is really really really bad! Since the taught leash (head cannot sniff anything) he hasn't peed in the building.

I plan to keep doing that until the end of they year, in hopes of breaking the habit. Thank goodness baby diapers aren't $ & hes only soiling them once a day on avg & rarely soils them on the weekends as long as I'm home all day.

Hes being such a good too. Digi & Cam got into the trash last night while we were watching a loud movie. Charlie wanted nothing to do with those naughty critters! I'm sure if we weren't home he would have joined in. I'm just glad he knows thats a big no no. Sadly Digi & Cam are a terrible couple at times. Cam being the worst, as she'll feed trash to Digi Luckly its rare that we forget to put the lid on.

Sorry for the bad quality. My iphone4 takes horrific photos

Glad you had such a great visit, and that your dogs were able to help that man.
    I've Been Frosted

Your first paragraph brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. But then the rest brought on the smiles. And giggles (so sorry) about Digi and Cam getting into the garbage. I have a garbage dog too. He usually only does it at my brothers house because we don't leave garbage where he can get to it at our house.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awww, Digi and Charlie! You were in just the right place at the right time to be a blessing to a very sad gentleman.

In the trash, uh oh !

And Charlie, I am sure you'll learn your bathroom skills like a champ! What a cutie you are on the office chair!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Digi wont go near the garbage can as shes scared of it. However cam will dive right in and will toss things out and digi will go through that. Whatever cam chooses to eat she'll carry it to the floor. Then digi will take it from her and gulp it down.