Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fister has an appointment on March 1st and March 8th

Lots of love and prayers and warm healing energies are being sent to Fister as he gets his dental work done. Dear boy, may you come home with bright shiny toofies and no ouchies!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Karen, I've tried earplugs before, they bother me so much that I can't fall asleep.

it's about 8pm here and I just gave him half a pouch of Whiskas chicken in jelly, he loves that, and I will give him a bit of Royal Canin's Sensitive when I go to bed. The appointment is 9.40 GMT. Shanga is coming, too, also for a dental.

Thank you all for your good vibes!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Big prayers for Fister and Shanga!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Lots of love and prayers and warm healing energies are being sent to Fister as he gets his dental work done. Dear boy, may you come home with bright shiny toofies and no ouchies!!!

And the same for Shanga too!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers on the way from me to for all of you!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sending lots of positive thoughts to Fister, Shanga and Randi.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Prayers and pawsitive thoughts for Fister, Shanga, and Randi.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

All of Our Awesome Angels, especially those Animals of an Orange Hue are praying for Our Senior Orange Cat Fister to be all right.
    He is such an Owesome Orange Man.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Fister is home!

It's always very difficult to see him sedated, he didn't move one bit when I opened the box. It really takes a long time for him to come around. When we got home I put him on my bed and he did try to move around a little, but fell over. I put him on the floor while in the kitchen and he just wants to hide under the bed or cupboard. He ate a few slurps of wet food and a few kibbles, but he almost feel asleep over them. I'll let him be for now.

He had two teeth out and a good cleaning and I got something called Metacam (Meloxicam) to give him orally for 4 days, starting tomorrow. It's a painkiller.

Shanga had eight teeth out, but she was already awake when we came to pick them up - and complaining!

Gosh, I tired! Thanks for all of your good thoughts!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Yay, Fister! I hope you wake up from the anesthesia just fine and the meloxicam gives you a lot of relief from pain.

And Shanga, my goodness, eight teeth!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a visit! Poor Fister. Waking up from that stuff is like trying to see through oatmeal. I hope you recover by morning.

Shanga- OUCH! I hope once the pain from the extraction wears off you will be much more happier.

I'm just SO relieved that it is done. I have postponed it all winter because I was worried about the anesthesia.

At 5Pm he had managed to jump or climb up on the bed by himself. He has eaten some more now and has even been in his litterbox. He can already walk in fairly straight line.

I'm so pleased to hear that handsome Fister is back home and safe. Please give him some snugglies from me!

Sorry I'm a bit late at replying. I've been lurking here more than posting because I just haven't had the time to post. I'm so glad to hear that Fister's exam went well and that he's also doing well after his dental cleaning. My poor Storm also needs to have a dental cleaning and he'll also have several teeth extracted. His gums are in very bad shape and he has horrible breath. Other than that he's doing well for a 16 year old and his blood work and thyroid T4 test also came back normal. He has lost a little more weight too. He'll go in on April 2nd and I sure hope that he'll do as well as Fister. I hope that Fister recovers quickly and that his will be that last dental cleaning that he'll ever need.

Thank you!

I let Fister eat small portions last night. He slept next to me all night.

At 5 this morning, he puked a little, so I was concerned about giving him the painkiller (Metacam). You can read about it here: http://www.drugs.com/pro/meloxicam.html

I called the vet and talked to his asistant, she said there should be no problems, but if he puked after getting it, I should not give him more - we'll see! I gave slightly less than what I was told, and now he is sleeping in his own bed, after breakfast and brushing.

Another thing she said was, that I can get something to put in his drinking water, which will prevent build up of plague, so I will probably get that. It's to be used when cats has clean teeth.

KAK, I hope Storm's dental will go smoothly, too!