Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fister has an appointment on March 1st and March 8th

Fister has an appointment on March 1st and March 8th

Fister is going to the vet for a check-up - along with Shanga, who I looked after again recently. They’ll be going in the same car, Fister in his box, and I suppose Shanga in hers. I hope there’ll be no hissing!

Fister has slowed down and he is miawing for me to come and lay next to him, and often wakes me up a couple of times during night. He eats and drinks and pees and poops, so that's good, but he sometimes misses when he jumps up on thedesk. He has let me brush his teeth for a while now, but only the front ones - he doesn’t mind that too much. I’m a bit worried about his gums, though, but he doesn’t have bad breath. I really hope he won't have to have any teeth extracted. He’ll be 16 years old in May.

You all may think I’m crazy, but the astrologer Karen spoke to on the radio show, said that Fister will be more sensitive to any kind of medication in this period and that will go on for another 6-7 months.
    I hope you'll send him some positive thoughts. Thank you!

Here are a few recent pictures of Fister.

Last edited by Randi; 03-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Be a good boy Fister! And fingers, toes and paws crossed for a good outcome. One thing is for sure...you are the MOST gorgeous Orangeman there is!

Orange Fister - I hope the vet finds a simple way to perk you up a bit. I hope you don't need any toofies pulled - that can hurt! Hugs and cuddles to you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear golden orange Fister, our fingers and paws are crossed for you
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers and positive thoughts and warm energies are being sent for Fister and Shanga too. May the exams go well.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Fister and Randi.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Aww, those pink paw pads .
    Most gorgeous Fister boy, sending lots of positive and good thoughts for all to go well for you tomorrow.

btw great photos Randi!

Awww, hope the trip goes well, and they can find a way to make you feel better, handsome boy. You'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Hello beautiful Fister, I hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow.

RIP Sally

Fister, honey, Pinot sends kitty kisses for your visit - be well, sweetie!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Poor sweet Fister. I'm sending lots of pawsitive thoughts and love to you both.

Sorry I've been AOL - retirement has me running in circles.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Fister my love, you've been a staple of Pet Talk as long as I've been here. I adore your freckles and hope all goes well on your visit with the white coats.
    Randi, I don't think you are crazy at all. You live with this beautiful boy every day and you know as a mom what's going on. Don't let him be over medicated if you feel it isn't right. We all get old. Missing the desk is okay if you are there to help/catch him.
    He looks health and happy. Well groomed and just enjoying his life with you. All is good. It's natural to worry but he looks fit as a fiddle to me.

Sending all my best thoughts to wonderful Fister. May he become 24 years old. At least

Thank you, all! The assistant had mixed up the time and thought we were coming next thursday, but they fit us in, so both Fister and Shanga had a check-up today. I’m glad to tell you that the vet thought Fister looked fine, and his numbers were within normal range. However, the Alat number was quite a bit higher than usual. I'll have to find out what that means. He hadn't lost weight, he weighs 7,6 kg. He also got his vaccination, since I’ll let him down in the yard this summer, if he wants to.

So, we’re going again next thursday to have his teeth cleaned a have a closer look at his gums. Shanga may need her teeth done too. It was impossible to look closely without anethesia. The vet was a bit shocked at how wild she was, she was growling and trying to attack him with her paw. She has given me a few scratches before, while I looked after her. She just doesn’t like strangers to be close to her head.

I have Fister‘s numbers from previous years and have added the one from 2012.

Urea = Kidney
    Alat = Liver
    Glucose = Sugar

Urea 11,6 (normal = 5,7-12,9)
    Alat 45 U/L ( normal = 12-130)
    Glucose 7,02 (normal = 3.94-8,83)
    + Vaccination

Urea 10,7 (normal = 5,7-12,9)
    Alat 40 U/L ( normal = 12-130)
    Glucose 6,14 (normal = 3.94-8,83)
    Vægt: 6.9 kg

Urea 10,2 (normal = 5,7-12,9)
    Alat 42 ( normal = 12-130)
    Glucose 7,36 (normal = 3.94-8,83)

Urea 11.0 (normal = 5,7-12,9)
    Alat 78 ( normal = 12-130)
    Glucose 5,74 (normal = 3.94-8,83)
    + vaccination

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

We are so glad taht Our Senior Owesome Orange Cat has come through his tests with good results.
    We are praying taht you and Fantastic Fister have many more years of love together.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS