Thread: What is my dog? Beagle, coon hound?

What is my dog? Beagle, coon hound?

My dog bella is a fat lazy thing that loves to chase things when given the opportunity, she also has an amazing nose on her(can find things that I hide from her). I thought she was a beagle when I adopted her as that is a common dog around my area, but always knew she was not all beagle as she has a deep chest, long legs and cat like webbed feet, and her tail is much thinner and curved almost to her back. Here are some pictures of her, in the ones with 2 dogs she is the mostly tan one in them(the other is my Jack russell mix)

Maybe beagle whippet? Coonhounds tend to be much bigger - do you know how old she is?
    I've Been Frosted

I see you have a 'thing' for tan and white dogs, lol! What a pair, I bet they keep you busy and entertained!

As for her mix, well lots of beagle but you know that. The webbed feet is the only thing which seems to me would not be beagle at all. The others could all come out in a beagle line, especially if the dog's parents and so forth were bred for hunting or anything other than conformation (shows). Not sure why you said cat like webbed feet, lol, cats do not have webbed feet. The beagle comes in the 12 inch and the 15 inch. How tall is she at the withers? The 15 inch can be taller, again if not being bred for conformation.

She has a soft look about her face, awww, how pretty!

Be still my heart, she is ADORABLE!! The head tilt...ahh I love her! I am so biased when it comes to beagles though, but whatever.

Beagles do have webbed feet, but not to an extreme degree like Labs or anything. I have a beagle mix and he is definitely has webbed feet and I am sure that is not from the pug side. I would say she's 100% beagle.

OK I stand corrected! LOL

She's not going to be big enough for coonhound and probably not even whippet. I wouldn't put chihuahua past her. The tail and the button ears are her only for sure non-beagle feature. I would say beagle with pug or chuhuahua or with chug (pug/chihuahua mix). And no, not all beagle pug mixes have smooshed faces or black and fawn coats. Mixes can vary in any degree for looks including 99% looking like the mom or dad and anything inbetween.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Be still my heart, she is ADORABLE!! The head tilt...ahh I love her! I am so biased when it comes to beagles though, but whatever.

Beagles do have webbed feet, but not to an extreme degree like Labs or anything. I have a beagle mix and he is definitely has webbed feet and I am sure that is not from the pug side. I would say she's 100% beagle.
    Me too! I Beagles!

I would say, without a doubt, that this dog is 110% adorable! Definitely some Beagle. Other than that I do not know but give her a huge hug for me.

Thanks for all the comments. I figure she is a lot beagle but not full. She is a lot of cute and love, those eyes got me from day 1 which is why I have her. Those are older pictures, she was about 6-9 months in them and is close to 2 now. But all the pictures I have that are recent she is sleeping, she loves 2 things in life: a warm fleece blanket and a big bowl of food, if she has those she is good to go. LOL

Maybe beagle/coonhound mix. She is adorable.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I just melted. I LOVE Beagle mixes. I grew up with them. I currently have a Beagle/Boston mix. He looks like a Brindle Beagle.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

She is CUTE!!! She does look very Beagle-y to me. I have a Lab/Beagle mix who has a tail that curls up like that, I always assumed he got it from the Beagle side.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Beagle

Sure looks like my husbands Beagles over the years. She is alot Beagle. But the longer legs and bent over tail a little odd. Could even be part Setter. But beautiful!

So cute!! She looks like mostly beagle to me, but I think that's the consensus already. Congratulations on such an adorable puppy - may she bring you much happiness and only a little mayhem lol.

Raggle

Perhaps Beagle / Ratt Terrier mix. google the designer pet name, "Raggle."

Beagle Whippet and Jack Russell!

My dog is 1yr old and I just rescued him from the shelter! He's a beagle jack russell and whippet mix, but honestly his coat is way different than your dog's so I would say yours is just beagle and whippet! The long legs are really what pull out the whippet in the dog haha

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater