Thread: Beagle/Treeing Walker Coonhound Mix???

Beagle/Treeing Walker Coonhound Mix???

Hi guys!! im not sure but i think maybe we might have a Beagle/Treeing Walker Coonhound.In march we were given a Beagle named Max.The lady who gave him to us got him form a pet store. his papers just say beagle,(he is not registered) but everyone that sees him says he is big for a Beagle. My mother in law thinks he is Basset/Beagle mix, and a man we never met before said he raises Beagles think he is Beagle/foxhound mix.... personally i see quite a resemblance in the Beagle/Treeing Walker Coonhound mix. just wondering what you guys think??? it really does not matter if he is all beagle or a mix of something...he is one terrific dog...im just curious...his head is very small compared to his body and his muzzle is very long and narrow. he is about 15-16 inches tall and weighs about 40 pounds.

I think he is all coonhound. Some of them look like beagles, but they are bigger (and usually look different) and your guy looks all coonhound to me. Treeing walker coonhounds usually aren't that big, just tall. I see no beagle in him at all. If he is around 40 lbs. he is probably a coonhound, he'd be less if beagle was mixed in. He is a cutie! Also it looks like he has the exact build of a Walker.. the chest and everything. If he was part beagle, he would be short and stubby. Kinda laughable he was sold as a beagle, most people don't know a coonhound from a beagle and a basset, not saying you but the general public.

Treeing walker coonhound:

Walker puppy-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treeing_Walker_Coonhound

I have a coonhound myself they are amazing dogs!

ETA: I could maybe see him being a foxhound/walker mix.
    Last edited by luvofallhorses; 06-18-2011 at 09:03 PM.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

he does have suck a wide chest, and his tail is nothing like the beagles tails i have sen, it looks just like you sweet boys tail...only a shorter version!..lol!!!...when we got him form his previous owners he was sooooo FAT..he is still kind of on the chunky side...he has lost a few pound..but i dont think he is going to loose much more...he is one solid dog...very muscular, his chest is very wide even though his is smaller, he wears a large harness due to the width of his chest! What are Treeing Walker Coonhounds like???..they are very beautiful dogs!

IMO - Bluetick & Treeing Walker Coonhound; maybe some Foxhound thrown in for good measure. Great looking dog!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

They are hounds, lol to sum it up. They are good natured, goofy, stubborn, sweet, and follow their nose.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

treeing walker and beagle most definitely

[IMG]picture204.jpg[/IMG] i think he looks like walker and beagle i have a walk beagle mix puppy and they look so much alike

[IMG]picture204.jpg[/IMG]

walker beagle mix most definitely

i have a beagle walker mix puppy and they look alot alike

Blog Entries
    For me it looks like mixed beagle but it doesn't matter what bread is the dog as long as his a good dog.