Thread: Cat Scratcher/Lounger

Cat Scratcher/Lounger

I saw this on Amazon this morning. It looks pretty cool and it got good reviews.

PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge

I think I may order one. Buddy is really bad when it comes to scratching the appropriate things.

They can lay on it, scratch on it and run through the holes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have seen those at PetsMart
    Now that there are Nine Found Hotel Catsaybe they need a new scratching couch!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have one something like that one and it is the last scratcher they all use. I don't know why, but they much prefer the upright ones or ,their favorite, the ones that come in the carboard base that have a little nip on them. Those are #1!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Happy Labs said "....They can lay on it, scratch on it and run through the holes."

LOL I was thinking about my Luke running through the holes-- NOT! I dont think my boy could make it even though he's lost weight.

Toby loves those cardboard scratchers, but Havoc really prefers the carpeted type. I have an Emery Cat I bought at WalMart that Toby adores. Doesn't work so well on the claws but he sure does like it

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    Toby loves those cardboard scratchers, but Havoc really prefers the carpeted type. I have an Emery Cat I bought at WalMart that Toby adores. Doesn't work so well on the claws but he sure does like it
    I have the Emery Cat too. None of my cats use it at all! So disappointed. It sits where I originally put it when I bought it about 8 months ago. I am hoping one day some one will use it. Mama is very good about using the regular carboard scratcher. Every time she comes into the living room she uses it and I always tell her "good girl!".

No matter which style you have, you must regularly rub catnip on it to entice them to it!

I have several in different rooms. Different cats seem to prefer different textures - sisal, carpet, cardboard, upright, slanted, the list goes on and on.

And to stop them using the furniture, get a squirt bottle, mix equal amounts of white vinegar and water, spray that on the furniture. This repels them, they don't like the odor, and it is mild enough we don't smell it at all. But sure to rub in catnip at the same time you spray!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    No matter which style you have, you must regularly rub catnip on it to entice them to it!

I have several in different rooms. Different cats seem to prefer different textures - sisal, carpet, cardboard, upright, slanted, the list goes on and on.

And to stop them using the furniture, get a squirt bottle, mix equal amounts of white vinegar and water, spray that on the furniture. This repels them, they don't like the odor, and it is mild enough we don't smell it at all. But sure to rub in catnip at the same time you spray!!!!
    I don't have to put catnip on the cardboard one for Mama. She religiously scratches it every time she comes into the living room. I tried putting catnip on the Emery Cat. They apparently just do not like the feel of it.

I doubt the vinegar would deter Buddy. He has been doing this for 6 years. Conveniently he only scratches the back of one of my chairs in the living room which you cannot see. where he does it and I just keep pushing the stuffing back in.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post

I doubt the vinegar would deter Buddy. He has been doing this for 6 years. Conveniently he only scratches the back of one of my chairs in the living room which you cannot see. where he does it and I just keep pushing the stuffing back in.
    I wonder if he has buried any toys in there? Ahahahaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I wonder if he has buried any toys in there? Ahahahaaaaaa
    Hmmmm...that is an interesting question. I think I will check when I go home.

This looks great and some of my cats would probably love it. Both Ziggy and Sky still love to scratch my carpet so they like to scratch horitzontally. I'll have to check this out. I just realized that it's made out of cardboard. My problem is that Alani loves to shred cardboard. I guess I'd have to try a very cheap one first to see if it could stand up to the Alani test.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 02-25-2012 at 05:02 PM.