Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitty play date

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Kitty play date

Two male kitties (10 weeks old) are coming to stay at our house tonight for a kitty play date. Don't know their names yet.

With my work schedule, we're not in a position to foster and Bobcat isn't up for adopting more cats, but you may remember that we had a reading with a pet communicator a while back who said that Willy is bored out of his mind and he wants some brothers to play with.

We're hoping that Willy will enjoy watching these kittens play and even join in. I've got an area set up for them in the office with their own litter box and food.

As of now, they can only stay one night. We have to take them back to Petsmart for an adoption fair tomorrow. If they do not get adopted, we may be able to bring them home until the next adoption fair.

Naturally, I hope they get adopted tomorrow but if not, Willy will sure enjoy having some brothers for a while. He sure is low-man on the totem pole around here. I hope this will give him some confidence.

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I hope everything goes well with the visit! Quick prayers said so everyone gets along!
    I've Been Frosted

Fingers crossed for a successful kitty play date!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Willow doesn't play with her brother? Geez, no wonder the poor guy's down! By now, the kittens are at the adoption fair, and it'd be great if their furever families find them, but if not, at least Willie will be a happy boy for a while longer!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

That will be interesting have Willy running and chasing the two Little Fur Covered Rockets who are coming by to visit.You shou8ld get some high speed fil to catch all the action
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Best wishes that all goes well for all kitties concerned!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hmmm, how did it go? Well, they are still here. No adoption applications came in for them. We get to keep them until Wednesday -- possibly until Saturday.

They are playing like crazy. Having a grand 'ole time. They have no fear of our 4.

Willy? Well, Willy is scared to death of them! He's hanging out on top of the dresser watching them.

When Willy was down on the floor watching them, they didn't notice him and ran straight towards him chasing a ball. Willy backed up so fast in a panic that he knocked over their crate.

But, no agression by anyone. Just the normal kitty hissy thing.

Their mother is a manx. Jason is a "bunny butt", but Jacko has a stubby tail with a crook in it.

No pictures yet. Jason's photo is on Petfinder.

I'll try to get some more.

It's too bad Willy's afraid of them, when you hope it would give him a play date, silly boy!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry that Willy is afraid of them. Hopefully in time he'll want to start playing with them. When I first introduced Sky to Alani & Blaze, he seemed fine until he realized that there were two of them. He wanted out of the bathroom. I guess he felt outnumbered. Good luck.

So Willy's afraid of his meant-to-be playmates! Hmm, sounds like my Mordred - runs and hides if the phone rings. Some are just bred to be timid, I guess. How could those cute kittens not have been snapped up right away? Well, their furever family will find them!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Jacko and Jason are purring their brains out today.

Willy kissed Jacko on the face then got scared and ran away. He is such a goof! Still have hopes that he'll get brave enough to play with them before they have to leave.

Bobcat still says we're not adopting again -- but did mention the possibility of fostering -- only when I'm not away at work in Prudhoe.

I say nothing, because if I've learned one thing in all our years together, men need to believe that it's their idea. (They are delusional!) We can hint, urge, cajole, suggest, threaten, beotch for years and get nowhere. But, one day they'll pipe up with the same thing we've been saying -- but think it was all their bright idea! Used to drive me insane, but now I just say "Great idea!" My acting performance has gotten pretty good over the years.

No photos yet. Took one this morning, flash didn't go off, battery dead. Recharging now.

Here's Jacko's photo from Petfinder.

Kitties are doing well. Running around and playing with each other. Willy still scared and watching them from a distance.

Well, instead of being glad to have playmates, he'll be glad when they go back!
    I've Been Frosted

Potential adoption this weekend. Not sure if it's for 1 or both. We take them back to Petsmart tonight.

Jason likes to surf the net.

and sleep on Bobcat (don't tell Bobcat I posted a photo of his belly)

Jacko likes to sleep between Bobcat's knees.

Both of them love the laptop.

Last edited by kuhio98; 02-17-2012 at 07:25 PM.

You should give them those pictures, that may help them get adopted, especially the sleeping snuggly kitten one! It's a "See, he is socialized and friendly" photo, in case he gets freaked out with all the commotion at Pet Smart!
    I've Been Frosted