Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Westminster Dog Show!

The herding group! Oh my goodness, I wanted to hug each one of them! And the toy group, those dogs just make me smile. They are so little, smart, cute and fun!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Interested in everyone's views

We all know by now that a Terrier won Best in Show at Westminster, and it seem like they win an awful lot ... why do you think this is? Is it just that the breed standards for the terrier and toy group are more exacting than, for example, the ones for Golden Retrievers or Labradors or Shepherds, so the judge is more able to say that particular dog is one no one could find fault with?

Not that there is anything wrong wit Sky, I am sure he's a perfectly nice dog ... and congratulations to him!
    I've Been Frosted

Actually its the opposite, the retrievers have a tougher standard. I honestly think its hard to find a terrier that doesn't have the "ready to go" look that judges like. I would have loved to see the bloodhound win but I don't see anything good coming from the most popular breed, the labrador, winning. Good breeders don't want their breed to become so popular that every dog owner thinks they're a breeder when they don't know genetics from a hole in their head.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Last year's Best in Show winner was the Wire Fox Terrier. I wonder which breed will be the winner this year! There are two new dogs this year, Coton de Tulear- a fluffy white dog from Madagascar, and the Wirehaired Viszla, from Hungary. Maybe one of them will win! My mom and I will watch it together.

Info:
    MONDAY & TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16-17, 2015 6PM-11PM

•Monday to include hound, toy, non-sporting and herding groups (beginning at 8 PM)
    •Tuesday to include Junior Showmanship, sporting, working, terrier groups and BEST IN SHOW (beginning at 7:30 PM)

Monday night is LIVE ON CNBC from 8-11 PM Tuesday night is LIVE ON USA from 8-11 PM

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Read an interesting article last evening about an English Mastiff who will be competing this year -

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...nvitation.html

Thanks for posting, I had a vague idea it was happening soon, good to have it brought to our attention!
    I've Been Frosted

Nathan, the bloodhound, has a chance to redeem himself after last year's loss! He took the breed.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

"You ain't nothing but a hound dog..." (watching hounds) They're so different from one another! Some are sleek like whippets and greyhounds, and some are fluffy- like the elkhound and the wolf hound. I want to hug the PBGV!

The Alaskan Malamute reminded me of Glacier's Muskwa and the Siberian Husky reminded me of several PT dogs! I thought the judge's short speech before he gave the Best in Show was very nice. If I was judging best in show I'd need 7 ribbons!