Thread: Westminster Dog Show!

Hybrid View

Westminster Dog Show!

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2012/results/bis/

I'm not sure if this topic has been posted yet, but I figured it would be a good one

First of all I want to say Congrats to the Peke Who took best in show!!! (check out link)

What did you guys all think of the results of the Westminster Dog show? Which breed were you voting for best in breed? What is your favorite group winner?

I was personally hoping the Doberman would have taken best in show, but I also lovvvved the GSD!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

There is a thread - see http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?121740!

I was kinda pulling for Fifi, too! Or the Dalmatian!
    I've Been Frosted

Bumping up this old thread - only three weeks till the 2013 Westminster show! I wonder if there are any new dog breeds this year. My mom and I always watch it and talk about the biggest, smallest, fluffiest, sleekest, that sort of thing. My favorite part is the announcer who tells you a little about each dog as you are looking at the judging. This breed hunts or herds, or is a lap dog, does police work, is good with children, likes water, runs fast, that sort of thing. I always learn something! But I leave the room when they are doing helper dog stories because those make me cry. I love to watch the dog show every winter
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Bumping up this old thread - only three weeks till the 2013 Westminster show! I wonder if there are any new dog breeds this year. My mom and I always watch it and talk about the biggest, smallest, fluffiest, sleekest, that sort of thing. My favorite part is the announcer who tells you a little about each dog as you are looking at the judging. This breed hunts or herds, or is a lap dog, does police work, is good with children, likes water, runs fast, that sort of thing. I always learn something! But I leave the room when they are doing helper dog stories because those make me cry. I love to watch the dog show every winter
    Here you go - 2 new ones this year - http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...ed_100512.html

And a friend of mine got a rescue dog a few months ago who is at least part Treeing Walker Coonhound - so they will be watching with great interest!
    I've Been Frosted

I dont have cable now so I dont get to watch it unless parts of it are shown on regular antenna tv. At one time I had a dish and I watched it. I always wanted a dog like mine to win LOL and I was most interested in that category. That would be the toy breed or a Lab because Annie is part Lab we think. I liked to watch all the dogs strut their stuff. Many times it looked as if they were floating because their fur/hair practically covered their feet. Nice show!.