Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Any couponers here?

Any couponers here?

I'm new to the whole couponing thing. I started about a month and a half ago and am starting to really get into it.
    The people on that TV show are incredible. I don't know how they do it. How do they clip so many coupons? Hundreds... Thousands...
    I'd never get 1000 of something just to have it. I'd donate to a shelter if I had that kind of deal. I want to get for my family and save.

So what blogs are you following if any? I've started reading 2 or 3 blogs and they tell you about the coupon match-ups with the store sales.
    I've been buying 2 papers a week to get 2 of each coupon for when a store does a BOGO on that product and have saved. Recently I got a good deal with pasta. The store had a BOGO deal and I had 1$ off of 2 making the pasta 30 cents a box. I had 5 coupons (some friends who don't clip the coupons gave me 3) so I got 10 boxes of pasta.
    Do you buy the paper for coupons?

If you need a particular coupon I am willing to trade or give away for free if it's for something I'll never use.
    At the moment i'm looking for the $3.00 off got2b coupon that was in the redplum in Sunday the 12th's paper.
    What are you looking for if anything?

I am not obsessive, but I do buy the Sunday paper for coupons when there are good ones. PM me what coupon you are looking for from the 14th, I can probably send it to you if if one I don't use! With my food and other allergies, and no need for diapers or make-up, a lot of the coupons go to waste!
    I've Been Frosted

I've been couponing for a few months We were looking for a way to improve our budget and save some money and a friend off of the disney forum I am on guided me toward a few different couponing blogs on facebook.

Some I follow are:

Couponing to Disney
    Money Saving Mom
    Deal Seeking Mom

they helped me so much with getting started couponing and just by following their posts on facebook I saved HUNDREDS of dollars at Christmas time on gifts.

Couponing seemed so overwhelming because I just couldn't figure out how the heck people saved so much money with these things. the blogs basically spoon fed me the information to get me started and now I love it. It's like a little challenge at the end of the week to see how much I can save. CVS is absolutely my FAVORITE store for couponing LOL.

I buy three papers every sunday. it costs $5. I more than make that back with what I save couponing.

The show is a farce though. it's very much rigged and what you see on that show is not at all typical. there is a lot of "rule bending" for that show. I read a blog post about it the other day that was pretty eye opening lol I wish I could remember which blog it was on.

I definitely don't buy like the people on that show but we do have a little stockpile of things. Not only is it good to have in case of an emergency or something but it's also TERRIBLY convenient to have that stockpile when I go to the cupboard and realize "oh we are out of soup... or tomatoes... or fruit snacks... or granola bars" (you get the point lol) I can just run downstairs and grab another box/can. We have enough to keep us going for a couple of months for most things.

here is a picture of my stock pile lol. We are in the process of putting up shelving for it
    Name:  429539_10150639089631125_753206124_11394068_1094387230_n.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  148.5 KB

Now that we have a bit of a stockpile now I can just "maintain" which is quite easy (easy on the budget too lol).

This past week I got 8 boxes of fruit snacks for $2 lol. We go through a lot of fruit snacks plus I want to send some to the children I am sponsoring for easter.

I like it. it's kind of enjoyable lol and the more money we save the more trips to disney we can take lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I was looking for the $3 off Got2B hair product coupon in Sunday the 12th RedPlum portion of the paper.
    Thanks for looking for it. Pls let me know if you saw a coupon for something you use. I will probably have 2 or more of it and can mail it to you.

Wow Impressive stock pile Sparks! Thaks for listing the blogs. I'll look into them. I am reading southern savers.
    I wish I had more room to store stuff that doesn't go bad like paper products.
    Do you need any particular coupon?

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I was looking for the $3 off Got2B hair product coupon in Sunday the 12th RedPlum portion of the paper.
    Thanks for looking for it. Pls let me know if you saw a coupon for something you use. I will probably have 2 or more of it and can mail it to you.

Wow Impressive stock pile Sparks! Thaks for listing the blogs. I'll look into them. I am reading southern savers.
    I wish I had more room to store stuff that doesn't go bad like paper products.
    Do you need any particular coupon?
    no problem. I like following the blogs on facebook because I often forget to go to the blogs each day but on facebook their posts are right there for me to see while I scroll through my news feed lol.

I know what you mean. our house is quite small but luckily we have the finished basement and we almost never make use of it so now that's where the stockpile goes.

I can't think of anything I need at the moment I know I don't have the one you need I need to start saving the ones I don't cut out because there are quite a few times that I go back and think "doh I didn't clip that one and I should have" that's my bad couponing habit lol.

Well I've been clipping the ones I use and saving the rest of the inserts and taking them to the local coupon swap here, once a month.
    A lot of times though, in a certain area, something goes on sale so everyone wants the same coupon. Maybe we can start a swap amongst ourselves since we don't get the same sales. We can use this thread to list what we need.

I went to a class and ordered 5 papers a week but I haven't really gotten into it. I do follow this on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tip...17650781589784 she was on extreme couponing and I went to her class.
    Last edited by caseysmom; 03-29-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Wow, I didn't know making photo copies of coupons was allowed. That's a great deal you got on formula.
    I've been to a couponing class here and learned a lot. Do you have any of the got2b you don't need? I'd apprciate them so much!
    Also, as always please let me know if you need any particular q's. I will mail them out to you even if you don't have anything to swap with me.

Wow, I didn't know making photo copies of coupons was allowed. That's a great deal you got on formula.
    Most of the times photocopies are not allowed. It depends on the coupon, and on the cashier you get, as well as store policy.

A website I refer to for coupon info - they list the circulars ahead of time, and are usually somewhat accurate - is http://www.hotcouponworld.com/ - it helps, and now I know to check the copy of the paper to make sure all the circulars are present before I buy it. Up here, of the two bog Boston papers, the Globe ($3.50) often doesn't get all the good inserts, but the Herald ($2), which is a lower quality paper in every other aspect - has them all.
    I've Been Frosted

I have never had any trouble with the photocopies and in fact the black and white seem to work better. I will check for you fort he got2b, which date redplum it in, sorry if I missed that.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I have never had any trouble with the photocopies and in fact the black and white seem to work better. I will check for you fort he got2b, which date redplum it in, sorry if I missed that.
    Well, that's good for you if they let you!

The got2b was in this past Sundays Red Plum.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

I clip coupons and have a friend I swap some with, but I'm not all obsessive about it. I don't need more than 1 or 2 of anything. Those TV shows drive me nuts. I'm waiting for one of the next hoarding shows to be about extreme couponers who are proud of their house full of stuff they'll never use but can't get to the stove or refrigerator to cook it

Well isn't Hoarders a TLC show too? Coincidence? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I clip coupons and have a friend I swap some with, but I'm not all obsessive about it. I don't need more than 1 or 2 of anything. Those TV shows drive me nuts. I'm waiting for one of the next hoarding shows to be about extreme couponers who are proud of their house full of stuff they'll never use but can't get to the stove or refrigerator to cook it
    LOL! That's funny! I met a lady today and she considers herself to be somewhat of an ex-extream couponer. She said the excessive purchases, even if they were free, were putting a strain on her marriage. They were running out of room and so she dialed it back a lot. She gave me some good tips. Told me about a store that takes competitor coupons stacked with thier own and I didn't know that. Makes sense now when they talk about big overages to spend on fresh fruits and veggies.

LOL! That's funny! I met a lady today and she considers herself to be somewhat of an ex-extream couponer. She said the excessive purchases, even if they were free, were putting a strain on her marriage. They were running out of room and so she dialed it back a lot. She gave me some good tips. Told me about a store that takes competitor coupons stacked with thier own and I didn't know that. Makes sense now when they talk about big overages to spend on fresh fruits and veggies.
    OH yeah some of the people on that show are NUTS. that show is actually under a lot of fire right now because they've been busted using fraudulent coupons.

One of the couponing sites I follow always says Only buy enough to get you through until the next sale. sales rotate on a 6-8 week schedule so if tomorrow I went out and fruit snacks were on sale I would buy enough to get me through for 6-8 weeks when they will go on sale for the cheapest amount again. that way you don't have a house full of stuff you won't have enough time in your lifetime to use (no one needs 200 sticks of deodorant) but you will have enough to get you through to the next sale and the stockpile would come in handy in case of emergency. like if we were snowed in for a few days and couldn't go out and buy food we would be OK because we have enough to get us through for a few weeks downstairs. With all the crazy weather and natural disasters that have been going on lately I do feel a bit better having a stash of non perishable food to rely on JUST in case

most stores will take a manufacturers coupon and a store coupon together. I don't often find many store coupons to stack with but BJ's is a great place to use this. they have the best price on paper goods and they send out a coupon book every month with store coupons and you can stack them with manufacturer coupons and the store coupons are usually pretty high value so it's AWESOME