Thread: My crazy Hoobley

My crazy Hoobley

I am going to explain the crazyness of this cat and need to know what is going on in her mind.....

Hoobley was maybe 2 days old when her Mother (wild cat) brought her and 2 litter mates and left them by my job's garage door. My boss had to move them because he had to get the work truck out of there. He put them in a basket and set them on a shelf down low and left the door up enough for the Momma to return and she never did. When I got to work the next day I took over the care as Momma. 2 of her mates didn;t make it.

I raised that kitten into the cat she is now. Got up every 2 hours and stimulated her like a Momma cat would during bath time. Momma cats purr while cleaning the kittens. I can't pure so I sang "You Are My Sunshine"

She adored me and I could see her smile. Then suddenly she only wants to be in the same room and I am not to touch her or she goes nuts. Like a totally wild cat like on Animal Planet shows. Now my husband gets to touch her and she will just role all over him and purrs. When I sing You are my sunshine she will flatten her ears and flip her tail at me. If he sings it she just adores on him that much more.

What made her flip out like that and how do I fix it???

~Brenda~

How old is she now? Any other changes in the household?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    How old is she now?
    at the time of her switch she was about 3 months old now she is a little over a year.

Any other changes in the household?
    The only change is Snappy but she was like this before him.

Has she been spayed? Was she like this before or after the spay if it has happened? Hormones can change a cat's mood for certain!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Has she been spayed? Was she like this before or after the spay if it has happened? Hormones can change a cat's mood for certain!
    YES she been spayed. All my pets been spayed or neutered. I guess I'll just love her from afar. She is like this toward my youngest son as well while she is in love with my husband and oldest son. My daughter never tried to pet her. My oldest Granddaughter can pet her but none of the other Grandchildren can. It's like certain people is ok while I guess us other people smell funny. Who knows. I love her and I kinda think (er like to think) that in her own quirky way she loves me too.
    ~Brenda~

Kitties can be crazy. One of their charms is that life is on their own terms. Could be any number of things. Is she a tortie per chance. My sister and BIL have a kitty that HATES my sister and adores my BIL. It is so obvious the glares she gives my sister. Especially if she is cuddling with her husband. Who knows why? You might consider a kitty whisperer to ask Hoobley what's on her mind?
    Claudia