Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitty play date

How completely adorable! How will you ever manage to give them up?? I especially like Jacko because he's a tuxie - and tuxies are very special, as my Mordred has taught me.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Awww, awww! Kitten cuteness!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Sharon ~ It will be hard to give them up. I've been in tears off and on all day.
    I know that they are spending tonight at Petsmart as, even if one or both is adopted tonight, there is a 24-hour waiting period with the rescue.

I've packed up 2 of their favorite toys and put them in their cage. If they don't get adopted together, maybe they can each keep a toy.

It's going to take all my strength not to go to Petsmart tomorrow and hang out with them all day. But, I don't want to scare off any potential adopters.

I already told the rescue that if the lady coming tonight to meet them is interested in adopting them together, I would pay the second adoption fee.

They are both so sociable, I know that they will be okay if they don't get adopted together. But, I figured I'd at least try. Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.

I'll let you know whatever I find out from the rescue.

Willy still has not played with them. He slept in their crate for an hour or so. Not sure what goes on in that boy's head, but I guess I'm not going to worry about him being bored anymore. He had a week to play with these guys and he spent the time getting as high up/away from them as possible.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You should give them those pictures, that may help them get adopted, especially the sleeping snuggly kitten one! It's a "See, he is socialized and friendly" photo, in case he gets freaked out with all the commotion at Pet Smart!
    Sent them the link to the photos I uploaded on Photobucket. Hope it helps get these babies homes quickly.

Well, we're back home. I bawled all the way there and all the way home. I managed to hold it together while we were at Petsmart.

We met the couple who is looking to adopt. No decision was made tonight, but it appeared to me that the wife was only interested in Jacko. Her husband seemed more open to adopting both.

Sue (the rescue lady) said she'd let us know how it all works out.

We did find out that Jacko and Jason were from a litter of 4. One of them had Manx Syndrome. One of the ladies who fosters agreed to take him and give him a home, but he passed away a week or so later.

I told them that I had a bunch of photos and a couple of movies that I'd load up into photobucket so they could pass them on to whomever adopts. I'm having problems loading the movies though. But, I just realized that all the movies are of Jason.

I'll keep you posted.

It's painful, Lisa, I know, even knowing that they'll be going to a good home (or homes, but hoping for home). I have another friend who refuses to foster because she, too, gets so attached. The last kitten I adopted out wen to a good friend; we were meeting halfway, and Sue got lost. In the meantime, I'm on a parking lot with this little girl curled into my neck, purring as I rubbed her. I phoned Sue and said she either got there in the next 30 seconds or I was going home & taking the kitten with me. I didn't of course, and Polly is happily ensconced with Sue. I do hope Jason and Jacko get adopted together, though!

Just heard from the rescue. Jacko and Jason both got adopted this weekend -- separate homes. In all, 4 kittens got forever homes this weekend.

Bob and I definitely want to temporarily foster again. Even knowing that we're going to cry when they leave.

What a blessing that they both have furever homes; it's a shame that they're not together, but I suspect that bothers you and me more than it does them. If it's one thing I've learned over the years of dealing with cats, it's that they are remarkably adaptable - far more so than humans. I hope they'll have long, long, happy, happy lives on Earth. (And you're a good woman, Lisa, for doing this in spite of the fact that you know you'll be hurt; your halo (pun there, I know) is showing. (And so is Halo's smile.)

Sharon ~ I think you're right. They are both such social kitties, I'm sure they've already made friends with any other pets that were in the home.

Jacko was a hissy boy at first. But he settled down when Cammie set him straight.

I found a great photo of their mother (Jessie) on Petfinder today. She's a bunny butt and I can see a lot of Jason in her. Isn't she gorgeous?