Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I buried my friend today

I buried my friend today

One week ago I received the devastating news that my best friend had died. Today was her funeral and I like to tell you what I said to the people that were there.

I introduced myself and "I am Jennifer, and I knew Kim since high school. When asked to speak here today I was not sure I would. What could I say about Kim when all I could think about was me? About how Kim was my BEST friend and how I would miss her. Then I thought,when someone dies, it is those who are left behind, here, that carry on the memories. So with that in mind, I'd like to tell you what Kim Moyer meant to ME . She was my BEST friend ! The kind of friend there is only one of, the kind that is never replaced. Kim was the one I brought my joys and sorrows to. Kim was the only person who would give an honest opinion, even if it was not what I wanted to hear. And I thanked her for that. Kim was the only person close enough to me to ask a favor of. Which to me, is the ultimate test of friendship. Knowing that the words "Can you do me a favor?" would not be viewed as a burden on your time. But I guess the thing that we did the best was LAUGH. It will be a long time until I can REALLY laugh again. She was generous, fun, caring, helpful, a devoted long time friend.....and that is what Kim meant to me" Thank you

I'm so sorry, Jennifer, for the loss of your best friend. I think your words were beautiful. I'm sure she was smiling on you while you pulled together the strength to say them. I will certainly remember you and Kim and her family in my prayers.

Logan

Your tribute to her was very sweet.

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a good friend.

Jen,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Kim. She certainly sounded like what a best friend is. I'm sure you will miss her terribly.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Awwww I'm so sorry Jen. My prayers will be with Kim and her family during this time of grief and mourning. That was a really nice speach and I bet those who loved her were touched. If it is okay to ask, how did she die?? Was it something painful or just like slipped away one night in her bed kind of thing? Well anyhow I bet she was watching all her loved ones gather and make speaches just for her and was very very happy. Once again my prayers are with you.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Jen.

True friends are a once in a lifetime treasure.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so sorry to hear about Kim. What a huge hole in your heart to have lost your best friend. She can never be replaced but one day your grief will subside and you can enjoy those memories of her life. {{hugs}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Very nice tribute to your BEST friend. I am sorry for your loss.

I believe that when one door is closed though God opens another one. Let me explain.... I also buried my Best friend several years ago. She was only 39. I believed that I would never have anyone elso to share my personal and most private feelings with. I was devastated but God had other intentions for me. He opened the door and now I have two BEST friends that make my life even richer than it was before. And the best part..... they are GOLDEN lovers too!!!!! I wasn't even expecting to have a second chance at such a great friendship let alone end up with two new best friends! I pray the Lord opens the door for you in the same way he did for me!

Jen,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know Kim meant the world to you, and it shows in your tribute. Carrying on her memory, and the traits she had, and developed in you, will be a lasting tribute, and testimonial to her life. I think Dixieland Dancer has really identified with you, and maybe you also will be doubly blessed. I will keep you, Charlie, the kitties (P & P) in my prayers. {{{{HUGS}}}}}

Johanna

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is always hard to lose a friend. I lost a friend in highschool.... he was hit by a train and it was VRERY devistating for me and my friends. With time our wounds were healed and I pray soon you will be able to laugh again... and I believe God will help your heart heal and bring along someone to help you through your sorrow. {{hugs}}
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

she was very lucky to have a good friend like you, and that was a wonderful speech( I cannot think of the right word!) that you said at her funeral.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, that was brave of you to talk, and im sure it was difficult for you.
    Faith in God

So very sorry for your devastating loss. My prayers are with you and Kim's family. Your tribute was beautiful.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I am so sorry to hear about you loss. Lossing someone you love is never easy. Feel better soon

Felice, Zeus, Hercules