Thread: Hey, Your supposed to bring it back!

Hey, Your supposed to bring it back!

I have a lab cocker spaniel mix and I have tried forever to get him to fetch and bring the ball back to me. He will catch the ball but then I have to chase him all over the yard to get it back. He will do everthing else like sitting, shaking, etc. He is very obedient. I guess he just likes for me to have to chase him.

My black Lab tried to do that same thing. SHE was trying to determine the game we played, not me. I stopped that by refusing to go chase her. Once she realized that ALL the fun and games were over, she got better about returning the tossed item to me. :-)

Thanks for that tip. I never thought about that. Maybe if I just leave him alone and he sees that I am not going to chase him he will bring the ball back to me. He is just so playful.

Thanks for that tip. I never thought about that. Maybe if I just leave him alone and he sees that I am not going to chase him he will bring the ball back to me. He is just so playful.

------------------
    *Starlite*

Try using the reward system, like giving him a biscuit or something to get the ball back. Good Luck.
    Taffanie

My Sheltie does the same thing. He is really good about giving it up when he gets a food reward. But when he has had his biscuit limit he will want to be chased.

My crazy dog loves playing frisbee! When we first started playing, he used to run after it, catch it, but would rarely bring it back.
    We solved this problem by adding a second frisbee to the game. Now when he catches, he brings it back and chases after the other one - the other way. He knows this is the key to keep on running.