Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy 1st birthday Boy Boy and Girl Girl

For Tazz and Zippy

Tazz,
    Well, it turns out the cardboard castle is sold by Bunny Luv, although I did see the 2 level condo in Bunnybytes.....it just doesn't look quite as exciting.... but that's because I am living with Errol Flynn-bun who just adores racing up and down the steps!

Bonding a third bunny in with your two.....hard to say how your ladies would react. Chances are better that if you brought in a boy the bonding would go smoother; my first thought is that they would probably not like another female. But bunnies can fool you..it's a guessing game. If you were to go ahead and get another bun the best bet would be to introduce them in a neutral space where nobody has a claim to the territory. House Rabbit Soc has excellent tips on bonding...

And Zippy,
    I can imagine that it is hard to read and respond to bunny-related topics but I, for one, am glad you are. You have so much knowledge to share, a great love for and insight when it comes to bunnies that it would be a shame not to share that. Besides, I really appreciate it when you confirm something I've said (or thought!!!) I frequently get a little crazy when folks ask for advice and then disregard it.... so I wonder what's the point in bothering to answer those questions in the first place?

I know you said that things are up in the air now but I would hope that eventually you will find your way to rescue a bunny in need.....there are way too many out there in need of loving homes. As far as the kitten and getting another bunny some day....that's a hard call too....on one hand I personally would be tempted to wait until KCee grows up and settles down a little.... But at the same time there is something to be said for having the two grow up together...but obviously you'd have to supervise them very carefully...... I guess I'd say go with your gut reaction, it's not like you are a novice when it comes to caring for animals...... This is a hard call.

You might like to know that Casey, after giving me a scare about 10 days ago is doing quite well.... I figured it couldn't hurt to increase her medication since she seemed to be so ill but the increase turned out to make all the difference and she is doing pretty good for being a sick little girl. I have gotten so attached to her and she has such spirit.

We all think of you a lot. Do stay in touch.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Originally posted by Heather Wallace
    But we will never forget them. Please don't stop showing us her pics as I thought she was adorable!

Why not do some kind of photo/story tribute, like I have for the buns in the past.
    Heather, that's a great idea but it'll have to wait awhile! I'm so touch-and-go with the grieving... will be perfectly fine one day and then will hit a low point (as was the case last night). Thank you for the idea, though!! I'll definitely keep it in mind!

(And I know I've told you before but I'm so sorry for your losses! )

Re: For Tazz and Zippy

Originally posted by Daisylover
    I can imagine that it is hard to read and respond to bunny-related topics but I, for one, am glad you are.
    Well, thank you!

wait until KCee grows up and settles down a little.... there is something to be said for having the two grow up together...but obviously you'd have to supervise them very carefully......
    oh yes! most definitely!
    Tinker is our 'cloud feet' cat-- RARELY uses her claws and she's NOT declawed-- and lil' K'Cee is following closely in her footsteps. But even though, Tinker LOVED Sophie I never trusted them together unattended. (Especially since Sophie like to headbutt her! lol) Trust can be a deadly thing and I think it's better to be on the safe side than the grieving side.

There is a cat & rabbit rescue organization in CA that has a few buns/kitties who are bonded. When I start to seriously consider adopting another bun, I'm going to email them for information on bonding. That having been said, I think I'd like to have another lop--but one of the big guys this time... and English Lop! But, there's no need to plan on a certain breed... I know I'll end up taking whoever needs me the most regardless of his/her uppie-or-downie ears!

I'm so glad Casey is doing so well! Give her a gentle hug and head scritch for me!! I wish I were there to do it myself. Buns are such sweet creatures!