Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm such a hypocrite - and a coward...

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, Kirsten. My God. How I want to just reach out and hug you so hard right now.

God bless you. You have done a wonderful, good thing, the right thing.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and from Pat and the cats
    I feel the same way. You are in my thoughts all the time!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Suing for slander because you reported a truth to the veterinary office?? I don't see how they can make that stick. A simple definition of slander is:

oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation

Just be careful of these people Kirsten. They don't sound like they are wrapped too tight!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Do not fret Kirsten, this lawsuit is just a ploy for them to get you all shaken up and worried. I highly doubt they can afford attorney fees and nothing you stated on this website is true slander as far as I am concerned. I had the same thing thrown at me a few years back for a horse camp I volunteered at - I got a very nasty, threatening phone call but after that nothing happened. You did the right thing! Do not beat yourself up for your decisions and what has happened.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Oh Kirsten i know exactly how you are feeling, going through something similar, with a kitty in my neighbourhood, however the authorities here will intervene and check it all out for me, i don't know the laws in Germany, and i assume they are different regarding animal welfare worldwide, but one thing for sure please DON'T be beating yourself up about it, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING, i needed my friends from PT to tell me that too, as i felt the same way, have i done the right thing or not.

I seriously doubt they can make the slander charges stick, it would be far too expensive for them to pursue anyhow, so they are probably just trying to frighten you, but yes it makes life hell and very scarey for you, i too would love to be by your side ,supporting you, as Karen said to me, and it was a lovely thought, just print out these messages, and know everyone on PT is with you,and you know it really helped just thinking that.

You are never far from my thoughts, even though we live a long way from one another, we can always be there for you to offer support for those in need, i have had so much from everyone here, and it makes such a difference.

I hope with all my heart there are no serious repercussions from this and you are safe and please try not to worry too much, here for you anytime. HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Kirsten, it's ridiculolous how your neighbors behave, not only are they neglecting their animals and threatening you for trying to do something about it, they are also the ones who play loud music and who's children are screaming and shouting, aren't they?

I think they will do what they can to scare you. Perhaps it's a good idea to start recording the noise and whatever they may shout at you. It's timeconsuming, I know, but you'll have some proof of what is going on, should it accelerate more.

Good luck!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

[Never, never, be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake.
    Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. -MLK Jr.]

You did the right thing Kirsten. We're standing behind you all of the way. I'm thinking you will not be in any real trouble and these people are trying to scare you. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I thank you so very much for your kind words, and your support! And I apologize for not replying any sooner, but I was totally worn out yesterday after a sleepless night.

chocolatepuppy, that is a great quote, I never read that one before, but it's beautiful.

Carole, I'm sorry you're going through something similar, good luck with that!

Randi, yes, they're the ones with the loud kids (the loud music was from somebody else across the street).

Well, I really do think the law is on my side. And I have a private legal costs insurance which would probably cover the costs for a lawyer, if I need one. Maybe they really just wanted to scare me, but if they'll sue me, I actually don't think there's something to worry about. Also, my vet (who I have asked for advice re. the guinea pigs) is backing me up; I already spoke to her. It's not so much the legal aspect that I fear but the neighborhood war this may cause. These people are not easy to deal with, and I'm also worried re. my former co-worker (who lives one floor down, and who's the sister of my neighbor with the guinea pigs). She knows now it was me, and I have no idea how she will treat me now.

Your former co-worker might be as disgusted with that part of her family as anybody. She just might tell you how relieved she is that someone finally did something about them!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Your former co-worker might be as disgusted with that part of her family as anybody. She just might tell you how relieved she is that someone finally did something about them!
    Well, from what I've heard, her main concern is that I could mention to anyone that she has criticized her sister's family's way to treat animals; 'cause she fears her sister's reaction. She and her hubby (who gave me all the infos) expect me to keep them out of the entire thing. They may not like what that family does, but in the end, blood is thicker than water.