Thread: Binkey

Binkey

September 1998 - August 20 2018

I was with my mom's beloved cat tonight when he went to the Bridge.

Mom phoned me about 6 pm and said Binkey was wobbly on his back legs and yelling (Siamese). Then he was panting for a while. Her regular vet was booked solid so I took him to a 24 hour vet in Calgary.

He was badly dehydrated; his bloodwork showed levels way way below the low end of normal. He would have needed a blood transfusion but it wouldn't have lasted. I asked what could cause that. The vet suspected something cancerous in his system.

Mom had already told me that if euthanasia was recommended then to do it.

There was a lovely room where I got to spend some time with Binkey, giving him head kisses and rubs and cheek rubs too. He passed very quickly and quietly.

Mom loved Binkey very very much, and he adored her.

Play like a kitten at the Bridge, Binkey. Your brother will show you the sights.

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry about Binkey. He was the most handsome meezer.
    What a beautiful life he had with you and your mom. I know that your mom must be devastated, but she knew what was best for him by giving you permission to let him go.
    Candace, please let your mom know that I'm thinking about her. Binkey will be in your hearts forever.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    So sorry Binkey passed. Binkey was the most beautiful cat, I know he will be greatly missed.

Oh, Candace, I am so sorry. What a beautiful boy! My deepest sympathy to you and your mom on this sad, sudden loss of dear Binkey, so loving and so beloved.

What a wonderful long life he shared with your mom and you.. almost 20 years full of so much love! Now he is a glorious Angel, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, playing like a kitten with his brother and Zoe and Poppy and all the other precious Angels.

Rest in peace, dearest Binkey. Please send some Angelic purrrs to the hearts of your dear Meowmie and skin-sister Candace to reassure them that love is eternal, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day..

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler, and Poppy Angel too, of course.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Rest in peace dear Binkey. Play hard at the bridge.

I'm so sorry for your mom's loss of her long time friend, Binkey. They must have been very close after so many years. I know you will miss him, too.

He had a wonderful long life full of love and you comforted him until the end - I'm glad he went peacefully and didn't suffer for long.

Rest in peace, sweet Binkey. Your mom will keep you in her heart forever.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

My sympathies to Binkey's family. May warm memories of Binkey be with you forever. Run healthy and happy over the Rainbow Bridge dear little one. Your family will see you again one fine day.