Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing...Kenya

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Kenya is so beautiful! I hope the introductions continue to go well!
    Thank you!

I thought I would update on the introductions.

Today was meet and greet, in the living room/dining room.

I brought Kenya down from his room in the carrier and placed it on the floor...Kewpie Rocky and of course Spike in his crate observed the carrier..

After no one showed aggression, I let Kenya out of his carrier and he began to explore..as soon as he moved in Kewpie's direction, she hissed twice and left..and watched from the top of the stairs..while Kenny went over every square inch of the area..Rocky just watched, then I got out the laser and they both played side by side, according to Rocky's reaction, it seemed like Kenya was always here, Rocky was relaxed and unconcerned. Kenya went up to the crate Spike is in, they made eye contact and nothing again, (considering spike hisses and growls at me while he's in the crate and cant move away) that is remarkable to me. Neither were concerned with eachother after that.

Tomorrow I increase from one hour, to 1 1/2 hours, I'm told it's ok Kewpie left and that she is just afraid, but with more exposure should lessen and then subside.

Thank you everyone again, for your nice comments and advice, it's really nice to have some support.

Tess

Oh my gosh he is so gorgeous, look at those eyes, i hope Kenya will help ease your loss, they do indeed do that, but never replace our beloved ones, i hope he brings you much happiness and joy, thanks for sharing.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What can I say that everyone else hasn't already said - beautiful gorgeous stunning adorable.. Oh those eyes!!!! I think I'm in love too. Wishing you many happy and healthy years together.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Sounds good, in that you are taking introductions slowly, so that should lessen the inevitable "trauma" certain cats seem always to face.
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome Kenya! You're one gorgeous boy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

There should have been a "BEAUTIFUL WARNING!" in the title of this thread! I can not believe what a beauty he is!! He reminds me of my RB Chynna. If Kenya is as smart and Chynna was, you will have a very smart boy there..I would have him spolied so rotten..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Oh my gosh he is so gorgeous, look at those eyes, i hope Kenya will help ease your loss, they do indeed do that, but never replace our beloved ones, i hope he brings you much happiness and joy, thanks for sharing.
    Thank you, Carole, he does take my mind away from it most times, but yes there's no replacing, I don't want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    What can I say that everyone else hasn't already said - beautiful gorgeous stunning adorable.. Oh those eyes!!!! I think I'm in love too. Wishing you many happy and healthy years together.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Sounds good, in that you are taking introductions slowly, so that should lessen the inevitable "trauma" certain cats seem always to face.
    Very slowly, He's won Rocky over, and Spike showed no adverse reaction even though he's crated. Kewpie is proving a little more difficult, but not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Welcome Kenya! You're one gorgeous boy!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    There should have been a "BEAUTIFUL WARNING!" in the title of this thread! I can not believe what a beauty he is!! He reminds me of my RB Chynna. If Kenya is as smart and Chynna was, you will have a very smart boy there..I would have him spolied so rotten..
    Chynna is a beautiful name for what I am sure was a beautiful baby, its hard to tell yet how smart he'll be, we'll see! Thank you Laura!

Hi sweet Kenya! What an adorable furball!!! Hope all will go well with Kewpie. It's never easy with females, they are very territorial inside their home with new kitties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    Hi sweet Kenya! What an adorable furball!!! Hope all will go well with Kewpie. It's never easy with females, they are very territorial inside their home with new kitties.

^that is his, new noise face..

Thank you, I believe it's all working out.

They spent 6 hours in the same proximity today..no incidences, Kewpie was a little hissy at first, but she stuck it out she didnt leave, just made sure he kept his distance. He and Rocky ignore eachother for the most part, he hissed at Rocky once, but it didnt faze Rocky..

Oh, he is just SOOOO gorgeous!

I'm so glad things are coming along so well. Welcome HOME, Kenya!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello there, Kenya and welcome to Pet Talk!

What a beautiful kitty! The first thing I noticed are those absolutely beautiful blue eyes! How could any of us not fall instantly and completely in love with him! Those eyes, that adorable little button nose, his soft pure white coat. His very first picture knocked me right off the chair!!!

I wish both of you many, many years of love and companionship Kenya looks like a real little lovebug Could I ask you to give him some "welcome" lovies for me? I'm also sending lots of lovies to all of your beautiful katkids
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, he is just SOOOO gorgeous!

I'm so glad things are coming along so well. Welcome HOME, Kenya!

Thank you I am relieved at the progress..still slow going, but progress nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hello there, Kenya and welcome to Pet Talk!

What a beautiful kitty! The first thing I noticed are those absolutely beautiful blue eyes! How could any of us not fall instantly and completely in love with him! Those eyes, that adorable little button nose, his soft pure white coat. His very first picture knocked me right off the chair!!!

I wish both of you many, many years of love and companionship Kenya looks like a real little lovebug Could I ask you to give him some "welcome" lovies for me? I'm also sending lots of lovies to all of your beautiful katkids
    Thank you, I certainly will.

Hi Kenya,
    I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak another look at your beautiful pictures! You certainly are a very handsome and beautiful kitty! Please come and visit us again very soon? Sending more lovies your way
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE