Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnificent Moonlight...

Magnificent Moonlight...

What a heartwarming but heartbreaking story. Moonlight you were loved, no matter how short a time it was. You had a full belly, and cuddles too. I know you appreciated it, as all homeless cats do.
    My family have two outdoor boys who we adore and love. Sylvester must've been a former pet as he will let us pick him up and love him. His son Fatty however if full feral and won't let you touch him. He is a scaredy cat alright. But they have a little house out in the garden, full bellies daily and lots of attention and love if they want it. All cats leave paw prints on our hearts, and those special ferals that we get the chance to form bonds with leave that extra special bitter sweet print, that we never ever forget.
    Rest Peacefully Moonlight....you have been loved.

Awww, Moonlight, your story touched a very fragile place in my heart. Many years ago I, too, was the Mom of a semi-feral. I bonded with CK and we came to an understanding; he came in at dusk and was released at daybreak. He was a big, strong, muscular Tom who ruled the 'hood. He didn't come home once; I got a call from a man whose car he darted in front of, as he did let me put a collar on him.

I digress...Moonlight, you were much loved in the fragile world you inhabited. You were a beautiful creature with a heart that allowed love, which is something special for a feral. Sleep peacefully, sweetie, while we honor your memory as COTD.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Moonlight, what a glorious mystical name, so purrfect for a cat of your ilk. You lived life on your terms, but you were also willing to change your terms, for love. RIP big guy, you were a handsome guy, and quite a special purrsonality.

Moonlight

What a great name that was for him and i had tears this morning while reading your story-i have two female ferals that had kittens and i learned alot about trapping and fixing them-i still feed the moms and kept two kittens(indoors) -but i worry about the moms all the time when they arent around my home-it had to be the greatest feeling to be able to hold moonlight and to hear him purr-im sorry you didnt have more time with him but glad he came back to be with you one last time

The trouble with cats...

As Moonlight's story demonstrates, cats have many qualities and are very generous with the humans whose lives they touch. Their faults are incredibly few, the worst being simply that they don't live forever. All four cats who have owned me have been "rescues" in one way or another, but I have been the one who was rescued. To see and read about Moonlight is to relive the great honor of finding myself the subject of matter-of-fact love and loyalty such as only a cat can give... but also the enormous vacuum that loss of a feline friend leaves.

It is sad that our Porch Cats do not have a long life.
    Wjhen I look at the Found Cat Hotel video on youtube , made by Laura of Louisiana , I see several Porch Ctas who were there and are no longer there, just one day they stopped coming for food.

Moonlight you truly are a Lucky Cat to have found a Great Furr Ever Home where you are cherished and remembered so fondly.
    You now are as free as the wind with your Wings of Silver and Gold and are out there with Our Awesome Animal Angels leading the lost Animals to thier new FurrEver Homes.

We Lucky Found Cats and Our Awesome Angels are sendiong a prayer of homage and a Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Angel Midnight ^^ Our Newest Friend ^^ and Our Newest Cat of the Day ^^.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Moonlight is missed

Just like the others who have posted, your beautifully written tribute to Moonlight touched my heart and made me cry. But it also made me very frustrated and angry. As a longtime volunteer for cat rescue I pray that somehow one day cats will enjoy the same protection that dogs who have homes do - we do NOT open the door and let the dogs out into the world without us (unless in a fenced in backyard obviously). Cats deserve this respect and supervision to keep them healthy and safe from predators, cruelty, fast cars, etc. Just in the last two months our rescue has lost two beautiful young cats - one to kidney issues (being born in less than ideal situation outside) and another to Feline Leukemia. We also had 3 cats test positive for Feline Aids and are trying to find homes for them (we already have 9 others with FIV in foster homes). These cats were all either abandoned or were born from abandoned moms. Keep in mind that when you adopt from a rescue or shelter that most do not give the combo test so if you already have cats at home please have this done by your vet (our rescue is one of two that do this test regularly - most do not!). Please, anyone reading this, think more than twice about letting the cat(s) you treasure outside - I have my own cats who I rescued and with patience, love and attention, they WILL get used to their lives indoors - these diseases spread easily and your cats can catch them and suffer through no fault of their own.

Bless you for giving Moonlight the love and care he deserved - and should have had for many more years.
    Last edited by catlover11; 02-05-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: omission
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Blog Entries

Moonlight

Your loving tribute to Moonlight was very touching. I was very moved at your dignified tribute to your beautiful wild friend. You and Moonlight gave each other the best of each other and the most profound gift of all. Wish you an adventurous, magical future and a case of the good stuff Moonlight was a masterpiece. Peace and love

Moonlight

What a beautiful sad story...I must say though that Moonlight was able to eat on a regular basis, and make a few friends during his short time here. May he be happy over the Rainbow Bridge!

Magical Moonlight~

As everyone posting before me, I too was so touched, moved to tears, by your beautifully written, most elegant tribute to your dear, beloved friend, Moonlight; reading of the precious, albeit too brief, time that you and he shared. He was one pure and gentle spirit, and like that heavenly body he was named after, truly magical is his ability to stir and inspire. He was only with you but a short while, sadly. But as Mon so perfectly put it, the pawprints he left on your heart, everlasting. How blessed you were to have known the gift of his quiet, dignified love and devotion, and he yours. It's comforting knowing that one very special, most deserving feral kitty knew warmth and a full belly; the loving touch of a human hand and the comforting sound of a kind voice, before leaving this earth. He was loved.

Heartfelt thanks to you, dear guardian of Moonlight, for sharing your beautiful friend with us; for givng us the chance to honor him, and pay tribute to all that he meant to you.
    Bask in the warmth of the Rainbow Bridge, beautiful Moonlight, until you and your soul mate are together once more.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    As everyone posting before me, I too was so touched, moved to tears, by your beautifully written, most elegant tribute to your dear, beloved friend, Moonlight; reading of the precious, albeit too brief, time that you and he shared. He was one pure and gentle spirit, and like that heavenly body he was named after, truly magical is his ability to stir and inspire. He was only with you but a short while, sadly. But as Mon so perfectly put it, the pawprints he left on your heart, everlasting. How blessed you were to have known the gift of his quiet, dignified love and devotion, and he yours. It's comforting knowing that one very special, most deserving feral kitty knew warmth and a full belly; the loving touch of a human hand and the comforting sound of a kind voice, before leaving this earth. He was loved.

Heartfelt thanks to you, dear guardian of Moonlight, for sharing your beautiful friend with us; for givng us the chance to honor him, and pay tribute to all that he meant to you.
    Bask in the warmth of the Rainbow Bridge, beautiful Moonlight, until you and your soul mate are together once more.

Thank you for sharing your beautful story of your friendship with Moonlight. I usually write my own messages in posts but this time I cannot
    write for the tears. I do want to echo Tats thoughts & comments. I am so glad moonlight knew love & kindness before he died.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh My! How sad! I am so sorry Moonlight did not live a long life. From the writeup I can tell that you loved him and he trusted you. You made his life more comfortable and he wasn't hungry after finding you. He was a handsome boy. I am glad he was chosen as COTD!

Sleep softly, dear Moonlight. You really had a good human who loved you......
    Nine is Fine!!

Moonlight, your story brought me to tears. My heart always jumps when I read "Deceased" on the page, but as sad as the thought is that you have gone over to the Rainbow Bridge, your story is heartwarming. You were so loved and you learned to trust the one who loved you. Big, beautiful boy, I know you are waiting for your loved one and the two of you will meet again one fine day. In the meantime, all of us who have read your story will carry the memory of you in our hearts. Maybe your story and many of the responses will encourage others to help a feral cat some day.

Rest in peace, handsome Moonlight.

XXXXXXXXXXXAll our children have paws!
    XXXXXXXXNewman, Lexie, Molly, Emma, Billy,
    XXXXXXXXJess, Jinx, Midge, Sofie, and Tiger

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge:
    Our kitties, Simmy, Duke, Blackie, Mama Cat, Riley, April, and Chloe.
    Our dogs, Shilo, Misty, Nikki, and Shadow.
    We miss you. Play gently until we meet again.

RIP Beautiful Moonlight

Awwww....yes, he was feral, but he also had a home with you whenever he wanted one. He came home to be with you at the end. That says everything! You had a bond with him...and it was mutual. How lucky you both were to have had such a special friendship!