Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you let your cat(s) lick your plate?

If I can I scoop what they might lick to lick onto one of thier plates
    But being Cats they think that all plates belong to them and my efforts are not always crowned with success.
    I think actually that Our Cats
    have cleaner mouths than we do.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Cassiesmom asked.... Does Luke kitty like "people food"? Hello, beautiful Luke! And hi, Lil Girl and Annie!

Thanks for commenting on Luke's looks (smile). Luke cat gets boiled chicken & bites of salmon patty once in awhile in his bowl. He is so prone to being constipated that he gets very very little "people food"... has to eat his Wellness No grain canned and W/D canned.

Now LilGirl would eat total people food if I let her. She loves food. It is not unusual for me to drop on purpose a piece of tiny chicken for her LOL. She is my little vacuum cleaner LOL. Sometimes I really do accidentally drop food that is ok for her and I holler out "something fell on the floor" and she comes running. Often at night she gets to lick the yougurt container; she loves it.

Sometimes I give Annie left over chicken broth with her dog food.

Well, Blue and Mordred aren't interested in human food; the Special, Precious, Petite PrinCESS, however - she likes bacon, mayonnaise, grated Italian cheese, and ReddiWhip. I pull pieces of fat off the bacon for her - she doesn't like the lean; if I have a sandwich with mayonnaise, I squeeze some out for her, and the ReddiWhip - well, I just squirt some on the table and let her have at it. I sometimes put some grated cheese on a dish for her, and I always let her lick the spaghetti dish when I'm finished.

But there was one time with Merlin. . . I was eating dinner at the table, and he sat nearby, watching. Finally, he put one paw out & grabbed a piece of meat off the plate. I took *one finger* and slapped his paw - and he immediately slapped me back!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

After I'm done eating for me too! Mostly Inka, (but also Zazou or Snoopy ) is interested!
    It always happens when I eat something while watching tv;
    Inka watches me and waits patiently till I'm finished, and then, I put my plate on the floor for her!!
    I don't need a dishwasher afterwards LOL!!!
    She and the others love to lick clean my yoghurt pot!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm the same as Maya & Inka's mommy They all know that when I say" I'm eating" they are not to bother me. When I finnish Iwill put the plate on the floor. They also know that I pretty well clean my plate, but Mom will leave a bit extra for them. They never get table scraps, it's not good for them. Just a lick off the plate.
    GILL & Crew;

When Snow was younger, many many years ago, she was ALWAYS interested in what I had on my plate and she ALWAYS tried to sneak a couple licks while I wasn't paying attention. From chicken to fish to mashed patatos, she stole it all! I never preferred her eating off my plate. If she wanted some, I would cut little pieces and give them to her, only once and awhile for a snack.

Now, as Snow has gotten older she doesn't like people food. She has no interest in it anymore. Unless it is turkey, she always gets a piece of turkey to celebrate thanksgiving with us.

RIP Sally