Thread: We just lost Betty! : {

We just lost Betty! : {

My Daughters guinea pig Betty died during the night.

We are not sure what happened? She was only 3 1/2 years old and healthy and happy. Never sick?! Betty & her sister Veronica were Pet Of Day November 2, 2010. We had both girls out yesterday playing with them ... put them in the cage for the night ... they fought over celery & carrots like usual even though there was more than enough for both and then this morning Betty looked like she was sleeping next to Veronica but it was already to late?! Heart attack? Stroke? Not sure what happened but poor little Veronica is all alone for the first time in her life and very confused and my daughter is devastated!

So sad!

At least she did not suffer and had a happy, well-cared for life ... my daughter takes comfort in that and is giving Veronica extra attention & love.
    Lee

I'm sorry for your loss. I just went to 11-2-10 and read about them as POTD. I know it's early to ask but I will. The remaining piggy Veronica will be lonely. Will you be getting another one? I'm sure you gave Betty good care and loved her. Sorry your daughter is upset.

Rest in peace, pretty girl. You were much loved, that's for sure.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Kaycountrygal;

Thanks for your concern!!

We miss Betty but my daughter is afraid to get another in case they do not get along ... don't want to stress Veronica. My daughter is just giving Veronica extra attention and we went to the pet store and bought a new hut, some goodies and chew sticks for Veronica and they seem fine!?! Its not my daughters first loss so she deals with it well ... such is life!!

I must say I absolutely love your kitty Luke!! Beautiful!! I had a big Siamese cat named Chocko when I was young with the same markings! I miss having cats!! Its my husband's # 1 allergy! So I had to find good homes for my 2 babies. We love dogs also but right now live in a condo so the guinea pigs (daughters) and lizards (my sons) work best. I think its important for kids to learn how to care and love something!! I often tease my husband that when I have empyt nest syndrome because the kids are grown and gone ... there might be a puppy in our future!!

Anyways, take care!! Thanks for writing!
    Lee

Lee, Just read your note. ok, I understand about not getting another piggy for Veronica. Thanks for the compliment about my Luke cat. Yes, he is a beautiful big ole boy. He really is a CAT and loves to sort of irritate my little dog. oh well, Some days they are nearly touching each other on the couch. Maybe one day (far in the future) you can get a dog... sure hope so because it sounds as if you would really love one. Take care, Kay

Sorry

I also just checked out Betty's POTD pictures. What a beauty! Looks like she was wearing eyeliner - so glamorous! Veronica is a beauty as well! So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your daughter.

I'm sorry about your loss. I love guinea pigs, even though they make me break out in Hives. I kept one for over a year and just stayed on high doses of benadryl so I could pet her. They are so sweet!
    I hope Veronica and your daughter both adjust okay to the loss of Betty - it's hard to lose a friend!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

OH my gosh what a shock that must have been, i am so terribly sorry for your loss, so sad,thinking of you at this very sad time.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm very sorry about Betty.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla