Thread: The Croup

The Croup

Cameron has Croup. Poor kid sounds absolutely awful, and the doctor said there's nothing to do for it since its viral. We just gave him one of his albuterol treatments per the doctor's suggestion, and thats about all we can do. Of course, this morning he looked as pitiful as he sounded so we kept him home from school. At the moment, he's wrestling Callie -- He has more energy than me.

Of course, you know I'm going to get it because he always drinks out of my cup and I am still trying to recover from the last sinus infection (it was a doozey!)

Try to keep track, and if he drinks from your cup, surrender that one and get yourself another. Wash hands a LOT, it is not inevitable that you or anyone else gets this, he's old enough now to learn about washing hands and not sharing germs!

My sympathies, by the way, that cough just sounds horrific, I know!
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I think I'd have to not drink when he's around! That would stink! I'm sorry he's not well, and I hope you all stay clear of it!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Croup is only about as contagious as the common cold, so whatever precautions you practice when someone in the house has a cold, should work. Typically, if his cough is worse at night, steam up the bathroom and let him sit in there and breathe in the moisture for a while. Of course a humidifier in his bedroom works wonders too. Usually with croup, the younger the child, the worse it is. My oldest spent 2 nights in an oxygen tent in the hospital when he was less than a year old. It can be pretty scary.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Catnapper, how is Cameron doing? I hope he feels much better soon!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hope Cameron is feeling better soon.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

For a little boy who has a major cough, he's as happy and energetic as ever. When I get a cough, I want to just sit, drink some nice soothing drinks, and watch tv quietly. Cameron's idea? Run around like a lunatic, yelling at the top of his lungs with a cough/bark in the middle of a yell.